Sony Xperia Z1 Compact Review: A "mini" handset that doesn't compromise on specs

Scorpus

Staff member
Read the full article at:
[newwindow=https://www.techspot.com/review/791-sony-xperia-z1-compact/]https://www.techspot.com/review/791-sony-xperia-z1-compact/[/newwindow]

Please leave your feedback here.

Covered USB port? This will be a pain in the butt to charge everyday =(
This phone should have had wireless charing option.

I like the size and specs but personally don't give a rat's *** about glass, aluminium and terapixel camera's. Why not just make it from crystal and titanium then perhaps the price could be better justified.

Wow specs at 4.3" size but not at the $570 price. (I'm el cheapo :) )

guest above:
This phone should have had wireless charging option.
thumbs up!
(some friends and family members who can afford to buy the latest smartphones prefer the phablet form factor; wireless charging feature is a plus factor)

I used to have an Xperia Neo V phone that also had the usb with a flap, it was no deal at all you get used to it and you only have to uncover it once or maybe twice a day, no biggie.

Its expensive because it's not the cut down version of a flagship phone, it is a flagship phone with just smaller screen for those who like it that way. Other flagships are about the same price, some even more expensive.

If you've ever purchased an item item of quality made from REAL crystal/titanium, you'd know the phone would cost MUCH more if it was made from these materials. instead of being resentful nice things are "expensive," stop being poor. :)

Best phone around, I bought the ZR for the same reason as its compact with full specs. The ZR serves me well and the camera is excellent but the cam in Z1c is just too good, happily now I can say that I have equivalent of my Nokia 808 which I wrongly sold to buy the 1020, it was a blatantly wrong move on my part for sure. Now I wait for successor to Z2 but in compact range. SONY is the only company coming out with full spec compacts for those who don't wish to handle the big PHABLET size phones and best of all, they didn't compromise on the camera nor the processor.

I bought this phone recently from an online retailer as an open-box special - it looks to be the same handset as the one you've used in this review since it contained all of these photos and videos, and a few others that I assume you probably wouldn't want me to have (funny faces, a couple of PG ones with your partner ?).

Anyway, just a reminder to clear that media directory before handing it back!

Please research before posting article.
As of Sony's whitepaper the Rear panel is not a glass one rather it is plastic.
So please update your article.
Source : I own this phone

Back