Sound Card Problem HELP PLEASE

Status
Not open for further replies.

iToXiK

I am having problems with my new Logitech X530 speakers, I cannot get the rear speakers to work properly, I just recently re-installed Windows, and there seems to be a "!?" next to the Multimedia Audio Controller on my device manager, how do I fix this? I have a sound card in my PCI slot but I think there is something more to it. Please help me figure this out, email me at error_deflection@yahoo.com if you have the answer.

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

I take it you`ve got onboard sound.

You can get the drivers from your mobo manufacturers website.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

how do I find out who made the motherboard? See my problem is that I have an onboard sound card, and a PCI sound board. Because I cannot hear the REAR speakers from my Logitech X530 speakers which are 5.1 surround. I THINK my sound card has four channels but I am not sure, I need to know how to find some of this information out. I don't even know what kind of sound card I have in that PCI slot? How do I find this out? Any help would be grateful. Thank you. :)

Love,

Da Cutie Gurl Ellie
iToXiK

Download the free Everest programme. It will give you lots of info about your system.

Click on the first link in my signature.

Regards Howard :)

Once you know what mobo your have. You can go to the mobo manufacturers website and download the sound drivers for your mobo.

Then you install them, usually by clicking on a setup icon.

Everest will tell you what mobo you have.

But the problem is with the Sound Card in the PCI SLOT! >.<~! Lol sorry I just get confuseed easily. Ok let me explain myself a little better, there are three plugs that are connected to the speakers, green, black and orange. In the back of my computer at the bottom is a yellow, black, and green jack. This is where I believe my sound card IS. Above the ethernet jack is where I believe is the onboard sound is because there is also a green jack there, and infront of the computer.

Ok I now understand I think.

First you need to go into your bios, and disable the onboard sound. This is because it`s not a good idea to have onboard sound enabled when you`ve got a separate sound card due to possible conflicts.

Then you need to find out what soundcard you have. Everest will probably be able to help you here. Then you will need to reinstall the drivers for your separate soundcard. You can usually get these from the soundcard manufacturers website. If it turns out that you have a Creative soundcard then things become more difficult if you don`t have the soundcard cd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back