Sound drops out using a webcam

Status
Not open for further replies.

woodgreen

if this isn't the proper forum let me know where to get help.
I have a logitech quick connect e2500 webcam. when i'm talking with the other person after about 5 minutes, the other people can't hear me, but i can still hear them. I've contacted logitech & they gave me several instructions. i've checked different settings. nothing helps.

Is your system free of viruses and other malware? Is your system fully updated using Windows Updates

yes to both=i frequently scan my computer & nothing bad showed up. i also have automatic microsoft updates for windons xp media center edition 2005. We have our tower connected to large speakers-we listen to music. i have tried different usb ports, besides what logitech had me do. i even removed & reloaded the webcam software. my power shutoff isn't for 1 hour. I first tried windows live messenger-i.m., then removed it(because of the sound drop off & no picture for the called party. I now went back to msn i.m. -7or8?

What antivirus program are you running? Do you have a router connected between the modem and your computer? What are your systems specs? Is the system older than 4 years

Antivirus= mcafee= with auto updates..... 3500+amd athlon/tm64 processor-with enhanced virus protection.. 1.0gb memory... 250gb hard drive. dvd+/- RW
cd-rom drive graphics- integrated ati radeon xpress 200.. v3a card for games & larger fan...

I would get rid of McAfee and go with free AVAST, AVG or such. The automatic scans and firewall take over of programs, make McAfee, and Norton play havoc on computer functions and resources. I use free AVAST and I recommend it

I tried this tonight. I went to my firewall & changed it to allow to & from. I got to make a webcam call later on. My sound to the other person stopped after 5 min. again. I could hear & see them. They could see me but not hear me. Could the msn i.m. service be cutting the sound off to stop the call? My McAfee antivirus is interconnected with Verizon DSL & MSN & McAfee comes with it.

This may or may not apply to your situation.. but i've discovered Logitech media filter drivers interfering with sound in the past.

Please check the following:
  • Start->Run, enter: devmgmt.msc to open Device Manager
  • Look under Sound, video, graphics for your sound card
  • Rt click your sound card, select Properties, click the Details tab
  • Use the pulldown menu to check for each of the following. Tell me if anything appears (and so, what it is) for each of these choices in the pulldown menu
    => Device upper filters
    => Device lower filters
    => Class upper filters
    => Class lower filters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back