Sound stopped working in one speaker

Status
Not open for further replies.

jephph

Hi. The sound suddenly stopped working in one of my speakers. However, it's not the speaker's fault. When I switched the ports in the back of my subwoofer, I discovered that both speakers did in fact work. So I figured that maybe that port on my sub was what's causing the problem. But, I plugged my headphones into my sound card, and discovered that music was only coming out of the left ear of my headphones as well. Futher, my speakers are plugged into the front port of my computer (through integrated audio i'm assuming, as it's attached directly to the motherboard) and my headphones were plugged into my soundcard in the back of my computer. So I figure that eliminates the soundcard being the problem. My last resort was drivers. I disabled, re-enabled, uninstalled drivers, reinstalled drivers, and tried a driver rollback as well. None of which solve the problem. Any thoughts?

Edit: Issue was just resolved by switching my speakers to the soundcard and headphones to front port. Anyone know why that fixed it though?

Because your front audio ports are by design to be used for headphones and microphone. When you plug something into them they interrupt the signal to the back audio jack. My guess is the subwffr jack wasn't quite in all the way or didn't make perfect connection and it let 1 channel to front and 1 channel to rear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back