Speaker noise only in browser

About two days ago I started getting popping and crackling noises from my laptop speakers while playing any kind of in-browser video. It's not a hardware thing, because anything run outside the browser (CDs, iTunes, VLC, DVDs, etc.) sounds just fine. Tested in both Firefox and Safari, both have the popping/crackling problem, so it's not something with one browser.

I have tech support for this computer (Dell business model, Latitude E6500 w/XP), they tried updating sound card drivers, updating BIOS and uninstalling and reinstalling sound card. The last thing actually fixed it, until I started up my PC tonight, now the problem is back again. Anyone have suggestions for me? I really, really don't want to do a restore, because I've just spent the last four hours installing a game that I would then lose. If that's the only option, though...

Don't seem to have any issues with connectivity, or lag that I can detect.

Uninstall and Reinstall Adobe Flash Player, in-browser video's use Adobe Flash player and since it is browser only related this may indicate there's an issue with Flash/the codecs for flash.. Just do a reinstall, post back with if it worked.

Uninstall and Reinstall Adobe Flash Player, in-browser video's use Adobe Flash player and since it is browser only related this may indicate there's an issue with Flash/the codecs for flash.. Just do a reinstall, post back with if it worked.

I know this is an old topic, but I was experiencing crackling and static in my speakers...but only while in Safari. I decided to give your suggestion a try....saved me a service call to the Apple Store. Thanks!

Back