Speed problem in XP?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently upgraded my OS from Win98SE to WinXP pro. I've noticed things tend to run faster, and that's a good thing. Here's the strange part.

I've noticed the most speed difference while playing 3d games, mainly Max Payne and Deus Ex. On my 450mhz processor, they ran extremely slow in 98. They run very well in XP, however they run so fast that they are actually get out of sync. It seems to be a universal problem that effects every game (really don't mind the speed boost on applications). Any idea as to how I can make my games run at normal speed and not in fast foward? I'm using a GeForce2 with the latest official detenator drivers.

It could be a driver issue. With a Geforce 2 I would run the detonator 3 drivers. I wouldnt use the Detonator 4's. You may also want to do a driver rollback to the original drivers that were loaded when you first installed Win XP.

Eh

That didn't work. I tried every detonator driver, I tried the default xp driver, I tried the lame driver that came with the card, that speed problem is still there.

Nothing like having a five minute cinematic play through in 30 seconds.

i upgrade windows 2k to xp and had that problem. It had nothing to do wit upgrading, my cpu fan wasn't working. You should see how hot your cpu is

drivers

sir

i have a pc camera bur dont have its drivernow i am searching drivers.But i cant find.Pls help me to find it.My camera name cif single chip.pls send a link to this driver.
thankyou

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back