speed up PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

wen9x88

anyone here can tell me some suggestions that me can use to speed up my PC.thx you
i think my computer is clean because i always run CCleaner,SUPERAntiSpyware,Spybot - Search & Destroy,Kaspersky Anti-Virus 7.0,Advanced WindowsCare V2 Personal.

Your computer is far from clean and unless you follow the instructions I gave you in your other thread, it`s going to stay that way.

Once your system is clean, then I`ll show you how to speed up your system.

Regards Howard :)

howard_hopkinso ,now i think my system is clean.
no more pop-up internet explorer,and i clean all the virus,trojan,malware with many many different software.
can you show me how to speed up my system?
disk defragmenter?
but my computer not enough free space.
anyone can tell me some tips to speed up my system???

If you don`t have enough free space to run a defrag, then you must uninstall any programmes you don`t need and backup any music/photos etc. Hopefully, this will enable you to recover enough hdd space to be able to run a proper defrag. This requires approximately 15% free space.

I suggest you take a look at this thread HERE.

As far as your virus/spyware problems are concerned, you`d be well advised to post the requested logfiles in your other thread.

I can then analyse them and advise you on any further action that may be necessary.

hey Howard, out of curiosity: I wanted to know - what are the down size or side effects if I de-frag my drive even it didn't have that 15% free space? = 0)

It`s quite possible that the defragger wouldn`t be able to complete the job.

Taken from HERE.

A volume must have at least 15% free space for defrag to completely and adequately defragment it. Defrag uses this space as a sorting area for file fragments. If a volume has less than 15% free space, defrag will only partially defragment it. To increase the free space on a volume, delete unneeded files or move them to another disk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back