Spotty power connection on laptop

JesseM

A couple months ago my laptop took a fall off a low table while charging and landed right on the power plug in the rear. Now the plug is extremely finicky. I have to spin the plug around and put just the right amount of pressure in a certain direction to get a solid charge, otherwise the power blinks on and off rapidly or is just completely off. The power has blinked on and off so quickly that the rubber around the plug and the plastic on the computer has melted a bit! I tried taking the laptop completely apart to make sure the plug was still soldered to the mobo, and it appeared to be.

I may have to just bring it in to a computer repair shop. This will be the very first time I've ever had to bring a computer in to a shop, so I want to see if anyone has any ideas before I bring it in. Thanks.

There is clearly some physical damage. Without seeing it in person it would seem difficult for anyone on the internet to assess the damage accurately. Taking it to the repair shop would be the best course of action, IMO.

Back