Startup Errors! Please help

Status
Not open for further replies.

chocobogo_rct

I am just started to get these startup errors when booting into XP!
I have tryed using system restore with no joy.
I have looked round in the registry and found what I think is causing the error!
My question is what do i do now!!
Can I just delete those lines out of the registry, or will i risk "breaking" my computer?
Should I back up before I fiddle??
errors.jpg

This is the screenshot of my problem
Is it a virus??
Becuase I hav NAV 2002 with all updates!!??

These filenames look weird enough to be virus/trojan/spyware/malice/prank/stupidity.

Since you have NAV, get Ad-Aware and run that.

You can delete the Run thing.
In the Shell key, keep the explorer.exe, delete the rest.

Yeah, delete them as instructed above, if they reappear it's a good chance that it is a virus of some description.

But make sure you backup your registry just in case. I know it is causing problems, but you might accidently delete the wrong thing and make it even worse.

Always make a backup if possible.

Looks like it is something associated with ad/spyware that was probably bundled with something you downloaded. While technically they can be considered trojans, most Antivirus software won't find them. Someone previously suggested running Adaware, that is a good idea.

ALWAYS Backup the Registry before making changes.

Do a search on your computer for the exe files indicated, and remove the entries from the registry. Doing that, along with running Adaware to get rid of the parent filesz that are probably creating those entries and files, should eliminate the problem

I deleted out of the registry as advised
Then ran adaware and it picket up 20 or so spyware elements.

So i cleaned those up and that got rid of the pop up messages when logging into windows

As a result I have had to change from KaZaA to KaZaA Lite, which is no problem

Thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back