Steam Recommendations?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LXIX

I'm looking for recommendations for some good games I can pick up on steam (or even not on steam.)

I currently have on Steam:
Team Fortress 2
Portal
Half Life 2
-Episode 1
-Episode 2
-Lost Coast
CS 1.6
CS Condition Zero
Call of Duty 2

Off Steam:
Warcraft 3
Diablo 2
Oblivion

Also can anyone tell me is Counter Strike Source is better then 1.6 and if Company of Heroes is any good? (metascored 93/100)

thanks for the help

Well any classical 1.6 fan boy will tell you the CS:S is just plain crap. However if you like the improved graphics and physics engine CS:S is probably for you. If your into Warcraft 3 and Diablo 2 as I am, you may enjoy World Of Warcraft (if you are willing to pay).

I played WoW for a short time, but got bored and went back to CS:S, however I now play only css, war3 and diablo2 as I am way to busy with school work.

As Didou recommended, Titan Quest is good (or so I have heard). Havent quite got around to installing on my laptop but I look forward to it.

You may also enjoy BIOSHOCK. Though I have not played it, the reviews seem fairly good. Might be worth a look if you have a beefy system as the requirements are fairly high as I recall.

Alright thanks guys, and yes i have tried World of Warcraft but i got bored after i made my first level 70. Bioshock looks really intense and i can run it but it's $50 and if i download it it's a 5gb-7gb download! Titanquest i heard is like Diablo 2 so i might try that one, and I tried the Dark Messiah Demo and i liked it more then oblivion surprisingly. Jericho just came out last night also so i might try that demo as well.

It's $29.99 if you buy it at Fry's

https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic89997.html

Don't tell my wife it's on sale. I already paid $50.00 for it at Wal-Mart and I've already had it for three weeks and haven't installed it yet because I need to clean my computer room and put my main computer back together and spend an extra $20.00 on a radiator fan grill I may not need and install my $300.00 water cooling system I bought months ago and then nLite a Windows XP Pro disk the way I like it and then install the same disk and overclock the crud out of my FX 60 and Crossfire setup just to get decent frame rates with Bioshock and I gotta pay my clan dues and... I think you get the picture. :blackeye:

Everyone says BioShock is good, and I wouldn't buy too many games right now, because you already have HL2 and Oblivion, so anything else would sort of be a distraction.

And what is the reasoning behind CSS being crap? I've played a bit of CS 1.6, and what's the difference, aside from the graphics and physics?

When you learn to play on the original Half-Life engine and then buy Source thinking that pretty much everything will be about the same except better graphics and you do get better graphics but the physics changes and most of the tricks and technics you've learned and gotten used to don't really work any more and ya gotta learn new tricks and technics then Source sucks. Phew!

Well I was always bad at 1.6 because i'm used to aiming on the source engine. I picked up the source pack which came with
CSS
Half Life 2 DM
DOD Source
Pretty good deal! Also right now Bioshock has the highest score out of any other game on the steam rating. But i'm really checking out that company of heroes, looks fantastic! some review online said to get the new company of heroes game, whatever it was called but the original scored way higher then the new one. Anyone have a suggestion on if I should buy the original or new company of heroes (I'm a multiplayer kind of person)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back