STOP 0x000000D1 error - cannot find fix

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the error message:
Problem has been detected bla bla shut down

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Tech info:
*** STOP: 0x000000D1 (0x10030128, 0x00000002, 0x00000000, 0x8296CB22)

Beginning physical dump bla bla

This happens EVERY time I start up the pc. I can however start in safe mode - I just have no idea what to do, none of those numbers, other than the 0x000000D1 are on google..

Help please, urgent.

Forgot to add specs.
Regular *** Windows XP pc, everything working fine forever.
No new hardware. I did access my router right b4 this started happeninig via the 192.168.1.1 in the IE, but I didn't change anything in the router section... I don't know whats going on

That error usually caused by fauty drivers and sometimes due to faulty or mismatched RAM.

Right now we don't have enough information to give possible answers to resolve your issue. Attach your 5 latest minidumps.

How to find your Minidump Files:

My Computer > C Drive > Windows Folder > Minidump Folder > Minidump Files.

It is these files that we need (not the folder). Attach to your next post the five most recent dumps. Notice the Manage Attachments button at the bottom when you go to post the next time. You can Zip up to five files per Zip. Please do us a favor and don’t Zip each one individually.

* The mods may very well move your post to the proper BSOD forum in the Windows OS board.

* What security software are you using?

I'd also suggest you

1) make sure all your stuff is backed up
2) See this MS KB and run chkdsk /r to verify your disk filesystem isn't corrupted (and let the tool fix it if it is)

AND NOTE: Chkdsk can take a loooooong time to run especially on large hard drives (sometimes hours). So wait a minimum 30+ minutes for the screen to change before thinking it might be hanging (i.e. you shouldn't be disrupting it while it runs)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back