Stop message yet no minidump.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kev32

Just receieved the 1st stop message I've had since I stopped getting the originals (casued by ZoneAlarm) 5 days ago. It happened sudenly after my PC was left idle for around 5 hours and I came onto it and dialed up for it to crash to BSOD with the Memory Violation Error (0xc0000005) blaming the ati2dvag.sys driver. Unfortunately it did not leave a minidump or an event only this :

The COM+ Event System detected a bad return code during its internal processing. HRESULT was C0000005 from line 44 of d:\qxp_slp\com\com1x\src\events\tier1\eventsystemobj.cpp. Please contact Microsoft Product Support Services to report this error.

As an application error. All I can remember doing so far, is A) Installing my Printer and B) Updating AVG last night.

No event log and minidump is the symptom of sever hardware problem such as high temperature, faulty PSU, faulty m/B or CPU.

My CPU temp is idling around 50 degrees (Due to this bloody humidity in the air). I found the reason why it wasn't dumping, I had create a dump switched off oddly.....What should I put it as? Small, Kernel or complete mini dump?

If I were you, I would set full memory dump if you more than 10GB free dasd space. When full dump is taken and the minidump is also taken as well.

Okj I've figured out something new. This message from the application event viewer:

The COM+ Event System detected a bad return code during its internal processing. HRESULT was C0000005 from line 44 of d:\qxp_slp\com\com1x\src\events\tier1\eventsystemobj.cpp. Please contact Microsoft Product Support Services to report this error.

Is stuck in my PC. I appear to have recieved from the very first time I turned my PC on today at 1pm (Before the first crash) and now it happens every time I restart my PC. It is continously there. I'm not to sure what caused it.

I'm going to mention this as it seems completely and utterly weird, it's to do with my RAM : For one stick of RAM the RAS#-CAS# is 4 whilst on the other stick it is 3. This is not dependant on what memory slot the RAM is in. These 2 sticks have different clock speeds it would appear. Is this harmful? The RAS# Precharge is also 4 for one and 3 for the other.

WEIRD! The errors have been derived from my LAN!!!! Whenever I plug in the cat5 ethernet cable into the port I get that error message talkin about a memory access violation. Take the cable out and poof the error message dissapears. I'm thinking this is a driver issue, or perhaps it is conflicting with my USB Broadband Receiver??? Will need to do further tests this just might be the exodus of my problems!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back