Storage on Lenovo S10-2 netbook

atai

Hello everyone, my name is Atai and I have a question about my netbook. Last year i bought Lenovo S 10-2 and was happy with it but recently it broke down and wouldn't start. I have a warranty and would like to send it to be repared.

I have credit card information, personal e mail exchanges as well as family photos on the computer however and would rather repairmen couldn't go through my content.

My friend took out the hard disk but I remember that Windows 7 or One Key Recovery program was on separate drive that also contains personal information.

Does S 10-2 have one 160 GB hard disk that contains 2 partitions (one for storage and other for Windows 7 and OKR) or does it have one 160 GB hard disk + separate storage medium for Windows 7?

In other words, am I removing all personal content from the netbook by taking out the 160 GB hard disk?

Thanks for your help,

Atai

It has a single Western Digital 160GB notebook hard drive, that may contain more than one partition. Usually there is a Windows partition and a separate system recovery partition. You can remove this hard drive, send the net-book in for service and reinstall the hard drive when you get the net-book back, if the drive itself was not the problem and the net-book should boot normally with all your files intact

Thank you for explaining Tmagic650. That's what I'll do, hopefully the hard disk will be okay and I'll keep my data.

Back