Strange audio problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

skitzo_zac

My Audio works fine, well for the most part. And my current situation is strange but really just a minor annoyance.

The problem is youtube videos and other online videos, they don't play the audio unless I am playing audio in Windows Media Player. Which is really stupid and sucks as I have two different audio tracks going on and I can't listen to the youtube video properly. (So basically what I have to do to watch anything on youtube or aother internet videos is to play a video in WMP that doesn't have audio)

Oh and it only just recently started happening, like the last couple of days. Previously I have had no such issues.

I have a Creative X-fi XtremeGamer with the latest drivers and latest control panel installed. The rest of my setup can be seen in my Profile.

If anyone can shed any light on my sittuation it will be greatly apprectiated.

On a side note I have been meaning to do format and reinstall of Windows for a while, but a friend has my XP disc atm. Fresh install is always alot faster and more stable :p

Start, Control Panel, Add/Remove Programs, Set Program Access and Defaults, Custom, Choose a default media player, click WMP

CCT, I dont think you understand the issue I am having, Youtube videos and other videos on the internet do not play audio unless I have a video or song playing in WMP at the same time. There is no problem with WMP.

I did try what you posted above though, and it failed to solve my issue.

What I understand is you have some kind of conflict between one program and another if you need to do that -I offered a start to check things out.

You don't like my help, wait for someone else.

Seems these days lots of ungrateful posters.

Me, my audio works GREAT!

:)

I am not ungrateful I appreciate you trying to help me, I just thought that maybe you didn't understand my issue. My descripition might not be very good and the issue itself is strange.

And my Audio used to work great, still does except in online videos :(

Thanks for the link CCT, I folowed those instructions then another solution linked to from what you posted. Neither worked, but from reading that I realised that I had absolutely no audio from anything unless something was playing in WMP.

My temporary fix is that I recorded a small .wav with no actuall audio that I have on repeat so that I get audio.

Just thought I would update this thread. I formatted my C: partition and re-installed Windows onto it. My audio now works perfectly, and some other minor problems I was having are now non existant. Oh and generally my machine feels faster now :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back