Strange Beeps with upgraded P.C.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey all, I'm new here and wondering if you could help me with a problem.

My motherboard speaker seems to be making constant single beeps every 30 seconds while playing a game on full screen. (Command And Conquer 3)

I'd never even knew about it till I began playing it. As it never happens while just in Windows.

Although as soon as a hit the Windows Key, which I did just now to post on these forums (lol) the beeping stops...

I've checked the temperatures and such of my computer as soon as I minimize the game. And the results are as follows:

CPU: 38 Degrees Celius
System: 47 Degrees Celius
Voltages:
VCore - 1.34
3.3V - 3.38
5V - 5.00
12V - 11.97

CPU Fan - 3080 RPM
SYS Fan - 1477 RPM (PSU)

( You may be wondering why the CPU is cooler than the system, so am I lol.)

Also I seem to get a few different pitched beeps on start up, like a little tune or something. Instead of your normal beep. But no errors are shown in the BIOS.

Heres my spec:
Kingston 2GB KIT (2X1GB) DDR2 667MHz/PC2-5300 CL5 Non Ecc 1.8V
Arctic Power 700W PSU - With PCI-E, SATA, 20+4, ATX12V, 8pin +12V Connectors - Retail Boxed
AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ Socket AM2 Retail Boxed Processor
MSI K9AGM2-FIH Socket AM2 690G and SB600 Chipset 8 channel audio HDMI onboard VGA mATX
250GB Maxtor SATA HDD
RADEON X1650 256MB GDDR3 PCI-E

&& other various bits and bobs.

If more information is needed, please let me know.

Many Thanks

Broonie

Normally it's overheating that causes those beeps.

Look in the BIOS for "CPU Warning Temp" or similar and see what it's set to, it may be too low. It's generally in the section called "PC Health" or similar.

Hello, Broonie, and welcome to Techspot :wave:

Please take a moment to read the following threads to make your experience here as enjoyable as possible :)

Message for all newcomers

SNGX1275's Guide to making a good post/thread

The Techspot FAQ

If you could take a minute to fill in some of your profile information that would be helpful to all members of the forum :)
Knowing someone's location in the world can be extremely helpful, even if you just put a country.

Also remember to post any problems or questions that you have in the appropriate forums

With regards to your problem, this should tell you what the beeps at the POST screen mean: A guide to beep codes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back