Strange Blue Rectangle in the corner of my Monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm using a BenQ 24' LCD monitor, model FP241W, and when I turned it on this morning, all of a sudden there was a blue rectangle that takes up the top right hand corner of the screen. I've tried connecting the monitor to a different computer, restarting, updating the drivers, nothing has worked. Seems to be on all inputs to, I'm using the DVI. If anyone has any idea why this has randomly occurred I would really appreciate the help!! I would post a screenshot but the rectangle doesnt show up on it. thanks

The BenQ has a high failure rate after the first year. How old is it? You may need to replace the system board in the neck behind those four screws.

its about 2 months old. that's some bull****. I guess Ill just send it in, should still be under warranty. I just didnt want to have to wait for it to get fixed. but yeah im starting to think that it's just broken. just out of curiosity's sake, how would you go about replacing the system board?

Remove four screws. Remove the board which is another four or six screws. Screw in new one... after you learn the part number of the old one.

I have to admit I have not called BenQ tech support, but I have sure seen a lot of their defective monitors.
I think it would be most appropriate to call them, rather than trying an online tech support query. What you have is unusual. If you paid more than $150 for it, it should last three years... but they seldom seem to go that long... more like 18 months... Get them to fix it... or in lieu of satisfaction, let the reseller from which you acquired it how angry you are over this early failure.
If they are helpful, we would like to know.
Most resellers have their own 30 day warranty, and some are 90 days.

Thanks Raybay for the help but, strangely enough, turning on my monitor this morning seems to have destroyed the hated blue box. It's gone. This is the weirdest monitor problem that I've ever had. I tried everything to get that to disappear. Apparently all it took was a whole night turned off. I'm still a little wary though, hopefully it won't come back. anyway, thank you for your quick responses, I appreciate it. If it comes back, I'll be sure to post angrily about it.

I have had a BenQ FP241WZ for about 3 months. Two days ago, the same blue rectangle appeared in the upper right corner. Sadly, my rectangle has not disappeared as of yet. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks.

Tech support does exist for BenQ by doing a Google search then entering for your country where purchased. For those in the US, the support site is www.benq.us/support. The tech support phone number is 1-866-600-2367. The call is free while the monitor is still under warranty.

Since this blue square has been often reported, and comes and goes, perhaps the BENQ tech support people have something to report.

BENQ is a very large world-wide company.

Let us know if you get satisfactory help.

As an FYI, the blue rectangle was simply the result of the PIP somehow being activated. Turning it off quickly remedied the problem. Thanks raybay for your assistance.

Strange to see how people can react to a simple user error! :rolleyes:

This very good monitor has a so-called picture in picture function which allows it to display a second video channel in the upper right-hand corner.

This function is activated by pressing the top button at the right edge of the screen which selects a second video signal.
If the button is pressed by accident then there is obviously no signal to display and the famous blue rectangle appears.

Simply press the button again and the rectangle disappears magically!:giddy:

This very good monitor is a 6-bit monitor, not an 8-bit. It was recently upgraded to a longer warranty due to the high failure rate after 18 months of use. When the word spreads of problems, then finger pointers naturally arise.
BenQ is a huge company. They can do better.
The fact that their BENQ tech support, which we called twice, did not know this simple problem was not a defect, is clue enough that they do not care about their customers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back