Strange startup loop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey there. I'm having some issues with my computer...

I needed to send back my old computer case because it came with a faulty power supply, and thanks to a major screwup on newegg.com's part (they forgot to report that my box had arrived at their warehouse), I had my mobo, graphics card and harddrives sitting around in ziplock bags for several weeks.

Anyways, I got my new case today, and I set it up without any major hitches. However, when I start up, I get a strange startup loop that goes like this:

(I'm not too sure about the lingo for each screen, so I'll just describe them)

First I get the screen that says EnergyStar, and Phoenix Award BIOS (Press DEL to enter BIOS setup, etc.)

Then I get my Hardware monitor screen briefly

Then I get the screen that names my video card (it does this correctly), its model, etc.

And then it repeats

Any ideas? Help would be appreciated

Oh, and I have reseated my RAM and my video card and I've even tried using a different video card.

No change.

The thing is there's these spots on my screen of discolored pixels, like my card is faulty

your computer is resetting itself after or during the post. if you can, get into the bios and look at/adjust your memory timings, as memory could easily be the cause.

refer to your manual as for how to enter the bios setup menu (usually by pressing delete or f2). once in the bios, find the settings for the memory speed (usually under the advanced or chipset category) and lower the DDR frequency value. if you have more than 1 stick of ram, try using just one in at a time/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back