Sudden increase in instability

Jskid

My computer has been working great with very little problems. Suddenly it seems to be a lot less stable. It seem to start when I tried putting it in sleep mode. I got the blue screen of death wit the error "driver power state error". Then it randomly froze twice the next day. Any advice or maintenance?

Probably a driver issue. Check Event Viewer in Admin Tools for recent errors involving drivers. Check Device Manager for any devices with issues.

Any recent updated drivers which might have gone in wrong?

Always a good time to: 1 - clean out dust, 2 - make backup, 3 - run anti-malware in SAFE mode, 4 - check SMART status of HDD & SSD, 5 - make a recovery disk (IMPORTANT if UEFI !!).

If you think you have cured the issue and everything is now running right, consider defragging HDD, running manufacturer's maintenance utility on SDD and making a better backup.

A good backup is a better backup if it has 2 copies.

Probably a driver issue. Check Event Viewer in Admin Tools for recent errors involving drivers. Check Device Manager for any devices with issues.

Any recent updated drivers which might have gone in wrong?

Always a good time to: 1 - clean out dust, 2 - make backup, 3 - run anti-malware in SAFE mode, 4 - check SMART status of HDD & SSD, 5 - make a recovery disk (IMPORTANT if UEFI !!).

If you think you have cured the issue and everything is now running right, consider defragging HDD, running manufacturer's maintenance utility on SDD and making a better backup.

A good backup is a better backup if it has 2 copies.
Computer is still randomly freezing and another blue screen of death happened. I noticed the temporary folder in %appdata% is 4GB. Can I delete these files?

NO. Run this twice:
  • \windows\system32\cleanmgr.exe
first time under your LOGIN
second; click the button for System Files

Back