Suggestions for a Gaming Laptop or PC?

Hi all,

I'm in need of some assistance on looking for a gaming laptop or PC.

I want a laptop that can run most games smoothly at high settings, and since I have no real knowledge about computer specs and what not, I'd like some expert advice. I have a really bad computer from the early 2000's that has the following specs:

Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP Professional (yes, that's how old it is)
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor 2800+, MMX, 3DNOW, ~1.8GHz
Memory: 1536 MB RAM (Yes, only that much :(. )

Because of this computer, I can play about 4 games at minimum settings and those games are League of Legends (runs smoothly enough to play), Aion (LAGS LIKE A MOFO), Left 4 Dead 2 (lags A TON) and Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic (YAY STEAM SALE, and this runs smoothly enough to play too.)

The game I play the most is League of Legends, and that's the game I'D LOVE TO RUN at maximum settings. My FPS in that game switches between 20 - 30 FPS, and whenever I watch professional LoL players stream, their FPS is at around 120 -160 FPS or higher.

There are also many other games I'd like to play on the PC, like Bioshock Infinite, Borderlands 2, Sid Meier's Civilization 5, Diablo 3, Guild Wars 2, Starcraft 2 and many more PC games I'd like to play but couldn't cause of my computer.

My budget is no more than $1200, but I am willing to spend more if it is worth the money. Thanks a lot.

Back