Symantec virus problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I have a virus that is corrupting my Norton files. I'm getting hundreds of pop-ups indicating that Symantec is scanning 1 email each (emails that are not mine), and it's fills the entire screen with about 30 of these little windows. My bottom bar is filled all the way across with envelope icons indicating hundreds of these bogus emails are being scanned. Eventually, I can get them all to close and my system works fine for a few hours, but then they start popoing up again. Help!

AndrewL

I don't know what is causing the problem, but please do the following. This will help us determine whether or not malware is causing the problem.

Go and read the Viruses/spyware/malware, preliminary removal instructions. Follow all the instructions exactly.

Post fresh HJT, ComboFix, and AVG Antispyware logs as attachments into this thread, only after doing the above. Also post here the results of the AVG Antirootkit scan.

Regards :)

This thread is for the use of AndrewL only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our Security and the Web forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back