System Failed CPU Test

Status
Not open for further replies.
A while back, I would on occasion get an audio message saying, "System failed CPU test." It usually occured while playing computer games. (such as Tribes: Vengeance - Demo)

I neglected it until the message started playing constantly, over and over. At the same time, my boot sector was attacked and I was forced to get a new hard drive. Things have gone smoothley, and I had forgotten about the annoying audio message. But recently, while playing Tribes Vengeance - Demo, the message came up again, which reminded me of this problem.

I have an ASUS motherboard, a Radeon video card, and some other crap. If you need specifics, just let me know. There is a program to determine your hard ware, right? Or is it already in the Windows software?

Anyways, thanks and advance!

How about some system information?

"System failed CPU test", when said by games, usually just means your CPU isn't fast enough to run it well. It might have something to do with other processes running in the background, Direct X or even problems with Tribes itself.

If you haven't had problems with anything else, I imagine your CPU is just fine. Usually it works or it doesn't.

Rick said:
How about some system information?

"System failed CPU test", when said by games, usually just means your CPU isn't fast enough to run it well. It might have something to do with other processes running in the background, Direct X or even problems with Tribes itself.

If you haven't had problems with anything else, I imagine your CPU is just fine. Usually it works or it doesn't.

It has done it once during a youtube video. While surfing the internet, playing music, ect. it never happens.

What do you suggest I should try?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back