System Keeps Freezing

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I've struggled with this computer over and over.. But it will keep freezing at any given time, be it browsing the internet or playing solitare. I've checked the RAM with some from another computer that works without any issues, I attempted to swap the hard drive, thinking maybe it was failing but it froze during Windows XP installation, I've tried cutting the power on the CD and CD-RW drives, and I have even swapped the power supply from my working computer to no avail. Does anyone have any suggestions?

The one I'm seeing most frequently is W32 on the system level -- Not sure what this is though, any ideas?

Double check on the heat sink solution or compund first. If problem persists change the CPU it could be faulty. At least it has happened to me and after changing the cpu the machine stabilised.

Download and run Everest Home (it is free):

http://www.majorgeeks.com/download.php?det=4181

Once you download it, click on it and let it install and then run it from the icon on your desktop and then click on Computer, then Sensor and report the voltages and temps shown by going to the VERY top of the screen and click on 'report', then 'quick report-sensor' and then 'plain text' and save it then go to C:/programs/lavalys and open that folder then open Everest Home folder and then reports and then copy and paste it to here.

I don't think this is an overheating issue as you say it's freezing, not crashing. When the temp gets too high (CPU or Mobo), the BIOS simply cuts the power and the system halts.

Sounds more like spyware to me. I advise my customers to use 3 anti-spyware utils as no one can yet detect and remove everything. I recommend the following:

• Ad-Aware 2007
  • Spybot Search & Destroy
  • AVG Anti-Spyware

All are free and can be downloaded via the Internet. Do a Google on the name and the word "download" and it'll return the downlaod site for each.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back