System randomly crashes, no Blue Screen, just crashes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, I've been doing everything I can on this site, but I'm just sick and tired of this happening.

Recently, I re formatted my computer, and ever since the system randomly crashes. There's absolutely no warning, the screens just go blank and the computer starts up again.

I'm completely lost as to what the problem could possibly be, I'm hoping you guys can help me. I've attached the dump in hopes that provides you with some information.

In addition, I would like to know if there's a way you can tell if your power source isn't giving enough power to the computer, do you think that could be contributing to the issue?

Power supply, video driver, memory error...
You have not told us the brand, model, OS, or age of computer... nor anything about the power supply.

my apologies.

I run Windows Media Center 2005
Intel motherboard with an intel 3.8 HT processor
Video card is a Radeon 1900
power supply is 560W
ram is ocz, i've got four 1g sticks

it used to be a sony vaio, but the only remaining parts are two 250g hard drives, the DVD rw, and the processor. those parts are roughly two years old. the mobo is about five months. ram is about 1 month. video card about 1 year. power supply about 8 months.

Memory error or Faulty PSU

The module list of the minidump is corrupted and it is symptom of hardware error. Maybe the ram is bad or the PSU has unstable or insufficient power supply.

Not sure if Media centre is 64bit, but you cannot use 4Gb in 'normal' windows, you need a 64bit version. Sorry I have no idea what happens in normal Windows at 4Gb, but in the old Win98 days, you would get random crashes like this on a PC with more that 500Mb memory, although there was a fix for that problem.

Actually, it just lists that I have 3.5 GB, but I read you can have up to 4GB, regardless My Computer identifies 3.5 GB. As far as the problem I've been having, I restored my computer to right before I re installed .NET framework AND my ati drivers. I'm not sure why but when my video drivers were installed correctly (I could use CCC) then my system crashed, Now I rolled back to when I get a .NET framework error every time I try to launch CCC, but that beats having to restart every 8 hours.

Thanks to those who attempted to help! I really appreciate it. I'll continue to troubleshoot the problem after I finish work, for now the mystery will remain unsolved.

At least you seem to have established beyond reasonable doubt that it is a software not a hardware problem, and that is a big step forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back