Inactive System Tool 2011 and Safe Mode

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am attempting to remove the virus/malware "System Tool 2011". I read some solutions that involve restarting your computer in safe mode. I have a log in user name and password setup on my computer. I was unable to do a F8 safe mode boot. For whatever reason the computer was not recognizing it. I instead was able to setup the safe boot from msconfig before the "System Tool" loaded up on boot. Unfortunately now I have another problem. Safe mode is now booting, but it is not recognizing my user name and password. So now I have it defaulted to safe mode, and I cannot get it back to normal boot.

So my first issue is does anyone have an idea of why it won't let me log on?

Does anyone know how I could get back to normal boot without having to log into safe mode?

Assuming I solve the safe mode issue, I will still need to get rid of this virus. Does anyone have any solutions to getting rid of it?

Thank you!

Welcome to TechSpot! You have gotten into a mess, haven't you!?
I read some solutions that involve restarting your computer in safe mode.
First, Running the preliminary scan we ask for should be run in Normal Mode. Perhaps you read somewhere else that you should scan in Safe Mode.
I instead was able to setup the safe boot from msconfig. Unfortunately, doing this locks the startup in the Safe Mode.

Can you do this:
Start in Safe Mode> Go to All Programs> Accessories> System Tools> System Restore> Choose a Restore date closest to right before you set the Safe Mode start in msconfig> let it restore and restart.
=======================================
If the above is successful and you can reverse the Safe Mode startup, reboot into Normal Mode and proceed with the following:

Please follow the steps in the Preliminary Virus and Malware Removal thread HERE.

When you have finished, leave the logs for review in your next reply .
NOTE: Logs must be pasted in the replies. Attached logs will not be reviewed.

Please do not use any other cleaning programs or scans while I'm helping you, unless I direct you to. Do not use a Registry cleaner or make any changes in the Registry.
================================
I'm not sure just what you did regarding setting a password or where you reset it. If you can get in, run the above in Normal Mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back