T-Mobile offering all smartphones for free this weekend

Jos

Staff

Looking to steal some attention away from the much-publicized Verizon iPhone launch, T-Mobile has announced that it will offer all of its phones for free on February 11 and 12 -- as long as you sign a new two-year contract, of course. The offer includes around 30 different devices from a number of manufacturers, from so-called 4G models such as the Android-equipped HSPA+ myTouch 4G and G2, to the Samsung Vibrant and the Windows Phone 7 HTC HD7.

The deal will be available on T-Mobile stores for both new and existing customers and some devices will require a mail-in rebate. Keep in mind that Mobile World Congress is just around the corner, so if you must get only the latest and greatest you might want to hold off -- we know the Vibrant 4G is coming to T-Mobile and a few other devices should hit other carriers as well. Still, this will certainly be the cheapest way to get a high-end smartphone for a while.

Permalink to story.

Nice to know T-mobile is promoting their (not even remotely close to) 4G network. I'd just grab the phone that is typically the most expensive and sell it.

I wish this would sway me to get a WinPhone7 Phone but alas it just won't. T-Mobile isn't the greatest network in Chicago for one, for two, their copy cat Apple-Esque commercials are just terrible and don't deserve any praise and three, I don't like 2 year contracts. It's either US Cellular or bust it seems like. Damn you Microsoft and your choice to do GSM only at launch!

Jibberish18 said:
I wish this would sway me to get a WinPhone7 Phone but alas it just won't. T-Mobile isn't the greatest network in Chicago for one, for two, their copy cat Apple-Esque commercials are just terrible and don't deserve any praise and three, I don't like 2 year contracts. It's either US Cellular or bust it seems like. Damn you Microsoft and your choice to do GSM only at launch!

MS is sorry that the US is the only country in the world that still relies on CDMA with most carriers. /sarcasm

Maybe when you guys move off EvDo then you will get phones the day they launch.

Princeton said:
Jibberish18 said:

MS is sorry that the US is the only country in the world that still relies on CDMA with most carriers. /sarcasm

Maybe when you guys move off EvDo then you will get phones the day they launch.

GSM technology DOES have it's advantages.

Back