Task Manager will not close

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cue Club 2

Does anybody know how to restore the "Task Manager" in XP Home? It does not have the "X" button on the right to click it off, so it just remains on the screen. And when you double click it at the top of the box it just disappears, but still remains at the task bar with the little picture of it.

I tried a "system restore," but the problem still exists. I also tried a complete virus scan and spyware scan, but that didn't work either. (I have 5 spyware programs)

The problem may be related to a problem I have with the free spyware program that AOL has. It stops working at 99% with 3 spy entries on it that will not correct.

I just recently installed the "K-Lite Pro," Does anybody have a similar problem after installing this, and would this have caused these 2 problems?
I have just fixed the problem with the Task Manager....I dragged it to my "Uninstaller," icon, and it immediately restored itself by uninstalling the bad blank Task Manager and replacing it with the fully functional one.....

Thanks for reminding me about the "SFC" method for correcting errors...I have been using the "Check the Disc" method instead. :bounce:

Thats what we are here for... that extra step you may have overlooked....

Post back to let us know if it fixed it.
thx

I fixed my problem by dragging the "Task Manager," that had no "X" to cancel it, to my "Uninstaller" software icon. That immediately fixed the problem by removing this "Blank Task Manager," and low and behold, revealing the original Task Manger behind it......Thanks for your help... :angel:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back