Taskbar question

learninmypc

Far right end of taskbar, when my mouse touches it, the website disappears, move mouse,it reappears. What is it called? TIA

photo (1).JPG
Right clicking that tiny sliver of the taskbar at the right end, I get this box. What is that slivers name??

Don't know which version of Windows you are talking about, but it was there in Win 7, and it's purpose is 'show desktop' It is a toggle-switch that hides/unhides everything except the desktop itself. On my win 7 pro touching it with the mouse cursor does not activate it, it just puts up a standard identity message saying 'show desktop'. You have to actually click it to get the action. Action on mouse-over may be connected to whether your desktop icons are set to work on click or double-click, but that's a guess - who cares anyway.

I believe the name is Aero Peek.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_Aero#Windows_7
Aero Peek: Hovering over a taskbar thumbnail shows a preview of the entire window. Aero Peek is also available through the "Show desktop" button at the right end of the taskbar, which makes all open windows transparent for a quick view of the desktop. A similar feature was patented during Windows Vista development.

Like gbhall said; if you check the option for peek, when you mouse over the area, desktop is all that is visible. If peek is not checked, you will need to click the area to toggle show desktop on and off.

Back