Tech Tip of the Week: Alternative Clipboard Managers for Windows

Julio Franco

Staff member
Clipboard managers let you circumvent Windows' native clipboard limitations offering much more functionality, like keeping a history of copied items, encryption to keep information secure, saving frequently used clippings as templates, or backing up copied data to the cloud so you can access it anywhere.

Read the full tech tip at:
https://www.techspot.com/guides/338-alternative-clipboard-managers/

Please leave your feedback here.

Well... I'm used into copy, paste and then copy again whatever I need and paste it again, can't find the usefulness out of copy, copy, copy, copy, copy and then paste, paste, paste, paste because if I do that I end up screwing whatever idea I had.

Unless you use it to store news? I'm not saying anyone is wrong, this is just not for me =)

Storing your clipboard in the cloud sounds like a security nightmare to me.

Seems you left out Clipmate which is a tried and true, very versatile unlimited size clipboard. The current version 7.3 works as well or better than all the others over the past years. Shareware from Thornsoft. - It is my most frequently used utility. Especially good for copying segments of a larger document and then appending them into a single file.

@gunste24 - If you hadn't brought that up, I would have. I've been using Clipmate since the early versions and would not be without it. It took some very high, well deserved awards during the flurry of "best of the century" type contests as 1999 phased out the old century. A shareware license is good for 5 machines, and Chris Thornton has always been extremely responsive to his users. No, I do NOT have any interest in his company. But shareware as good as Clipmate deserves recognition in an article like this.

Back