TechSpot's Most Anticipated PC Games of 2011

Julio Franco

Staff member
We expect 2011 to be another great year for gamers, with most of 2010’s delayed titles finally hitting store shelves and many other highly anticipated ones making their debut. To help you keep track of this year’s upcoming releases we’ve put together a list with nearly 30 titles, spanning a variety of genres, alongside their respective trailers and relevant information.

Read the full guide at:
https://www.techspot.com/guides/356-hot-pc-games-of-2011/

Please leave your feedback here.

Stonos said:
You forgot Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood and Might & Magic: Heroes VI.

It does say: "Techspot's most anticipated PC games for 2011".

In my opinion though, it looks to be a good year but the only title from that list I'm interested in is Portal 2. My other favourite games would be Minecraft and Achron.

Of course the ONLY game worth waiting for was not even mentioned and is quite a shame. Is Red Orchestra 2 (Heroes of Stalingrad) also known as ROHOS.

This is the only game anyone should be waiting for to hit the PC this year.

7-CLOWN-7

God Crysis 2 looks good! Cannot wait! simply cannot wait!

Also Assassin's Creed Brotherhood is already out?

Can't believe they're still getting mileage out of that Unreal 3 game engine which first came out damn near 10 years ago. A number of games in that list will be using it.

I'm interested in a good 1/3 of those games. :D

Everyone is worth playing. PC gaming really isn't that dead if you look at that list.

TomSEA said:
Can't believe they're still getting mileage out of that Unreal 3 game engine which first came out damn near 10 years ago. A number of games in that list will be using it.

True, but I bet a years wages that we would be onto ray-tracing Unreal 4 if Consoles updated as often as PC's did :)

We very well may see ray tracing/casting on next gen consoles. It's a great shame though that pc developers have to fit the silhouette of console games. Heres to open minds and beautiful graphics.

Maybe it`s just nostalgia, but I`m so hyped `bout Duke Nukem and Deus Ex. A decent Heroes of M&M would be nice, although I doubt that. Diablo 3... god help us! And then for main desert, Bioware`s Dragon Age 2 and Mass Effect 3. Last, but not least, for non-WoW MMO fans: Guild Wars 2! It seems that I won`t be losing my game addiction this year.

I would of added touchlight 2, maybe Warhammer Space marine but pretty good list, going to be a great year for rpgs

Dungeons.

A Dungeon Keeper clone. Easily my most anticipated game of this year.

so many games being released this year. i thought 2010 was great but 2011 is shaping up to be twice as good.

Red Orchestra 2: Heroes of Stalingrad has been added due to popular demand. It was really a mishap on our side considering it was also mentioned by commenters when we posted our list last year.

I'm pretty saddened by the whole PC game industry lately, there hasnt been a single title this past year with improved graphics/gameplay. Everything nowdays looks like a console port :(

I'm excited about crysis 2, thats one company that delivered the goods in the past and I REALLY hope they bring us a gorgeous pc game again that will destroy low end machines.

Oh and diablo 3 might be nice too, I really enjoyed the original D2 cause it had just the right balance of insane power vs 1000's of mobs but still being able to die fairly easily.

Looking forward to F.E.A.R 3 and Battlefield 3, in fact, BF2 Multiplayer is just awesome, I wouldn't know what could make it better...

Unfortunately Warhammer Retribution didnt made it to the list but I will consider it as the strategy genre candidate...

Your list is slightly flawed. Duke Nukem has been coming out for... well, Forever. Its hopeware at best. Also DC Universe as of this article has already been released, so how can it be anticipated?

A correction for Heroes of Stalingrad,

In the description don't you also mean the Russian side as well,

http://www.heroesofstalingrad.com/about/

Most of these are not PC exclusives; the list should not be called "most anticipated PC games of 2011." It should be called "most anticipated multiplatform games of 2011."

Back