The Most Anticipated PC Games of 2023

Company of Heroes 3 for me on that list. Been in the beta and technical tests and it's looking very promising. Time to sink a lot of time into CoH3.

Hogwarts Legacy looks very promising, as does Atomic Heart. Both I would be tempted to pickup this year.

Starfield I'll wait for the reviews. Diablo I'll be avoiding unless I hear anything good about it.

Legend of Zelda, Tears of the Kingdom on YUZU or Ryujinx emulator. Hands down my PC Game of the Year. Okay, emulation doesn't count, but still.

A couple of interesting games here. I'm for playing something that's not another remake or a next installment in a series, so, something that's not a copy-paste like most AAA games these days.

I guess we're never going to get Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2. Coming soon since 2021. I like several of the options on this summary, but I'll wait for reviews.

I wish that all Arkham games (specially Origins) get a proper refresh on Series X.

About the Starfield Cyberpunk 2077 take. Nobody expects a bug free game. What they were disappointed in was that it was undercooked. It was a very pretty shell that was about a quarter full of expectations. Nothing lived up to the hype, not that it was buggy.

Starfield is my pick. But no pre-order. I will wait for month or two before even buying it.

Also, Company of Heroes 3 looks promising.

However, what I most hope in year 2023 is to actually have a time to play games.

Dead Space is a great game in my book. It was chilling to say the least. I would buy the remake if I had something other than ViaSat for internet. Maybe I will figure out a way. Nothing else interests me only because I don't keep up with gaming like I used to. Have fun with your picks boys

About the Starfield Cyberpunk 2077 take. Nobody expects a bug free game. What they were disappointed in was that it was undercooked. It was a very pretty shell that was about a quarter full of expectations. Nothing lived up to the hype, not that it was buggy.
I think it was both undercooked and buggy for the first year or so. I finally bought it when Best Buy had it on sale for $19 back in October (?) and thoroughly enjoyed it. With at least five distinct endings and many paths for your character's skill tree, it would take a long time to get through all of the content.

Baldur's Gate is a Larian Studio game, they have a pretty good track record of games with ridiculous depth.

Jedi Survivor I really want, but I am wary of a EA sequel. The original basically made one of the best lightsaber game ever by sticking to the basic, and do it well. My fear for a game like this is they try to cramp too much rather than stick a cohesive package.

The rest.... eh. They look alright, just not necessarily my fav genre.

Given how horrifically botched and woke AAA have been the last few years I have little anticipation for this list other than STALKER 2; I'm hoping STALKER 2 sticks to its roots.
What does woke mean in this context? I assume games that are in keeping with other modern game styles. In which case that is not really bad bad.

I look forward to resident evil 4. It'll be nice to play a nice optimised version at a minimum.

Hogwarts legacy looks to be interesting. And the persona re-releases.

Hoping ff16 will make it to pc eventually. And assassins creed mirage hopefully a nice game

What does woke mean in this context? I assume games that are in keeping with other modern game styles. In which case that is not really bad bad.

I look forward to resident evil 4. It'll be nice to play a nice optimised version at a minimum.

Hogwarts legacy looks to be interesting. And the persona re-releases.

Hoping ff16 will make it to pc eventually. And assassins creed mirage hopefully a nice game
games that place propaganda and indoctrination above gameplay

games that place propaganda and indoctrination above gameplay
I have no idea what you're talking about here. Do you mean like games from China with a censorship in it or something like that? There aren't really very many "propoganda" games. Unless you count some of the fans from warhammer who dressed up as nazi space marines. 🤷

For me day one buy would be Diablo and Stalker.

Very interested in Atomic Heart and Starfield but waiting for reviews.

Pretty sure I'll pick Deadspace too but I'm waiting to hear about performance.

Starfield, Hogwarts and possibly Baldur's Gate 3 for me, although the only one I feel any confidence for is probably Hogwarts, especially initially. The other two likely will need many patches and DLCs, and then mods, to really shine, and you never know what the modding community embraces or not.

I will do a new build the gen after Starfield comes out most likely, to get the most bang for my buck. I still play Skyrim AE modded, have the GOG version now but those come out a full decade or so after the originals, so I play the Steam version until then. If there's a GOG release though on day 1 I will buy it full price immediately and all the expansions, I just doubt that happens.

After reading the books, watching the TV show and listening to the audio books there's only one game I'm looking forward to and that's the The Expanse: A telltale series

After the sh!t show that was diablo 3 I got put off that franchise for good and I haven't been bothered to continue play in CP2077 I might have stayed interested in it if atleast one of the endings allowed the character to live and CDPR were quicker to fix the sht show it was and put out DLC faster

Blah nope none of them are worthy... great games waiting on is:

The Last of Us, Fallout, South Park, Mafia IV and Read Dead Redemption 3

Back