TechSpot's Most Anticipated PC Games of 2012

Tribes, Borderlands 2, Counter strike, Diablo III...

If I spend as much time playing the new tribes as the original I may not pick up any of the following three.

Too bad Tribes is currently pay-to-win or grind for a month to get a decent class.

You have to be lucky not to land on a server where all the high levels are stacking.

Boring list.

2012 is not going to be as good as 2010 and 2011 were.

And do not expect much from the coming years as people will buy less and play less as well.

Discover the world outside and get a life!

Haha! I lol'ed at the Half Life2: Episode 3 Listing.
I really want this game to come out, But even i know its not going to happen this year ;)

Overall though I'm only really looking forward to Mass Effect 3, I really hope the PC version is good though, I really enjoyed ME1 & 2, I hope by including gimmicky stuff for the Kinnect they haven't ruined the gameplay for the PC.

I may invest in StarCraft II this year as well, appart from that, Looks like pretty bad year to me :(

Guild Wars 2 is not instance based, it's an open world MMO.

Also, of all the radical innovations they are putting in, you only thought to mention that there's a higher level cap?

By far the most impressive feature is that there are no traditional quests. Everything you do in the world is dynamic.

You find dynamic events by exploring, you take part in it - you either fail or succeed, which pushes the event onto the next stage.

Centaurs attacking village -> drive them off -> attack base in forest -> defeat warband leader in centaur settlement -> village is safe, get karma and access to traders and various other goodies.

Karma is the reward for quests which can be redeemed practically anywhere around the world.

Seriously, I hope ArenaNet shout at you for not bothering to do 10 seconds of research before posting an article. I'm sure there are similar mistakes about the other games in the list.

Kingdoms of Amalur, Alan Wake and Diablo III are day one purchases on my list. Besides that, I'm anxiously waiting for Ghost Recon: Future Soldier. And, of course, hoping for the pc version of Dark Souls to really come up.

Good Article.

For me it is:

Mass Effect 3, GTA V, Counter Strike Global Offensive, DOTA2, Somewhat Guild Wars 2, Diablo 3... oh and no Pandas are not in my top 10 list loool xD

Not much to look forward to in 2012, guess only Bioshock, and Fallout 4 is supposed to be in San Francisco supposedly due late 2012.

Guest said:
Boring list.

2012 is not going to be as good as 2010 and 2011 were.

And do not expect much from the coming years as people will buy less and play less as well.

Discover the world outside and get a life!

That's your opinion but there are good games coming out, 2011 was rather meh although BF3 and *cough* MW3 as well as SWTOR pulled it up...

Article says Guild Wars 2 is Instance-based MMORPG???

That's misinformation! Guild Wars 2 will be open world like WoW with some instances like dungeons and personal story missions, but the world design in general is open.
And yes, this is my choice for the most anticipated

You can get intro the Tribes Beta right now through a number of outlets, although "friending" them on Facebook seems to be the easiest way. Tribes seems true to T1 (more so than T2), but with limitations on loudouts (for example, each "class" can only have 2 weapons... they are auto-assigned based upon what Hi-Rez wanted). Like a previous post... you either pay or grind... and grinding sucks way too much when the guy who paid $100 is sniping you all the way across the map with his uber-"perked" class as soon as you spawn (sniper rifle not based on energy = FTL).

In addition, for that reason alone, Leagues are not likely form so team-play with matches/ladders are not likely to form or survive as they did in the old days leading me to have already stopped playing after about 2-weeks.

All I can say is PLANETSIDE 2 !!!! Ahhhhhh yeeeaaaahhhh!!!! Get your MMO kicks and the fun of a real true FPS and some awesome looking graphics to go along with.

My gaming portfolio isn't very extensive or diverse. I'm not looking forward to a single one of those games. I'd like to try something new but as an obsessive completionist/perfectionist, I'm scared of most games that come out these days. :(

Gameplay videos>all, I dont judge games based off a cinematic. Other games not listed.
Firefall
Torchlight 2
that one game where u can be the illuminati
PLanetside 2

I've fixed the Guild Wars 2 genre now, thanks for all your amazing feedback. Hope you've enjoyed the article.

My most anticipated games have to be Hitman: Absolution and Thief 4. I think you guys should add Assassin's Creed III to the list; it's not going to be another spin-off, but a major new release.

Half-Life 2:E3, Guild Wars 2, Counterstrike and maybe Tribes... and I'm set for the year.

insect said:
You can get intro the Tribes Beta right now through a number of outlets, although "friending" them on Facebook seems to be the easiest way. Tribes seems true to T1 (more so than T2), but with limitations on loudouts (for example, each "class" can only have 2 weapons... they are auto-assigned based upon what Hi-Rez wanted). Like a previous post... you either pay or grind... and grinding sucks way too much when the guy who paid $100 is sniping you all the way across the map with his uber-"perked" class as soon as you spawn (sniper rifle not based on energy = FTL).

In addition, for that reason alone, Leagues are not likely form so team-play with matches/ladders are not likely to form or survive as they did in the old days leading me to have already stopped playing after about 2-weeks.

While you make a good point, I have every intention of paying for the game. If I enjoy the game I'll put $50 into, no more though. That's how people have to look at free to play games. Only put as much money into them as you are willing to spend on a new release title. Once you look at it that way it doesn't seem so bad. Maybe that's me just defending myself but I've enjoyed a lot of FTP games that way usually spending no more than $20.

Back