Temp. Sensor placement

Status
Not open for further replies.

eijmaster1

I got this new case and it came with a temp. sensor (lcd on front of case). I want to place it on my GPU but I don't know exactly where the best spot would be. Any suggestions?

?

Need more details.Is this a CPU cooler ?
Anyhow it should have install instructions.
You do mean "CPU" don't you ? :confused:

My case has a temperature sensor too, and I just suspended it in between some wires to give me a reading of ambient case temperature. You can get GPU temperatures from the graphics card software and you can get CPU temperature from SpeedFan.

Whatever you end up doing, just don't stick the sensor on top of the GPU/CPU, because that will (obviously) break the contact between the chip and the heatsink. You could try slipping the sensor in between the fins of the heatsink, but only if you're really determined that there's a point to having the GPU temperature at the front of your case.

Yep, don't put it on CPU or GPU, you can read those with software and you aren't going to do their heatsinks much good placing it on either of those components. I'd use it as an ambient sensor or a northbridge temp sensor if your northbridge doesn't have a fan on it.

cool guys. Yea I've never had a temp sensor b for so didn't know what to do with it lol. Now as far as using software to read the temp. for the GPU, what do you guys recommend? Is it catalyst?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back