Temperature problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

schnewb

Hello everyone.

Im confused over the temp reading goiven out by my gigabyte k8ns pro and sempron64 2800+. I know this board had a wierd temperature problem but a bios update fixed it. Anyhow the bios says my cpu temp is 20*c which is a nice low temp for my processor, and i get a similar temp within windows. Ive recently been overclocking the processor and stress testing it. I bumped the vcore up to 1.65 from 1.40 and started running prime. Temps gradually rose to 35*c under load and then my cpu temp alarm went off. I activated this in the bios to go off when the cpu temp reached 60*c. Now i dont know which is right, whether my cpu temp is way out or if the cpu alarm is wrong. I know the max temp for a sempron is 69*c so im a little worried. Im using a thermaltake pipe 101 heatsink with a coolermaster aero7 blower fan and arctic silver tim so cooling is sufficient.

Any suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks
Sean.

this might help

goto an ice factory setup your pc in an ice chamber

then your sure with sub 0 temprature not to have any over heating problems hope this helps !!! :unch:

you could turn off the auto shutdown option in the BIOS and download this temperature monitoring program http://www.majorgeeks.com/download4859.html...

If you say that semprons recommended temperature threshold is 69 celcius then you just disable temp shutdown and set the program above to warn you when the CPU temp is 69 so you can manually shut down the computer. Just an idea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back