Tesla's 'Cyberquad' ATV will ship as an add-on for the Cybertruck

Polycount

Staff

Tesla's recently announced pick-up "truck," aptly dubbed the "Cybertruck," has proven to be a bit controversial over the past few days. Some individuals love the futuristic aesthetic (which harkens back to classic cyberpunk films like Blade Runner), whereas others hate the blocky shape and feel the vehicle will look too out-of-place on public roads.

The design has proven so polarizing that even our own staff members have been unable to reach a love-it-or-hate-it consensus. Still, no matter which camp you fall into, one thing is certain: the Cybertruck's design is bold, and it's going to turn some heads when the first models hit the streets.

If you happen to appreciate that boldness, you may be pleased to hear that the Cybertruck will ship with an equally-futuristic ATV -- provided you shell out some extra cash for it, that is.

We first saw the ATV in action during the Cybertruck's full reveal, when one of Tesla's employees drove it into the bed of the truck. However, it doesn't yet have its own information page on the company's website (thus, most of the photos we have of it aren't particularly revealing).

This ATV, known as the "Cyberquad," is still a bit of a mystery at the moment, as Tesla has chosen to keep its specs and capabilities under wraps for the time being. However, we do know that it will be able to carry up to two people at a time, and it can be charged directly from the Cybertruck's bed (not wirelessly, mind you).

Musk says the ATV will initially be sold exclusively as an add-on for the Cybertruck, but the wording of his statement -- seen above -- seems to imply it could be a standalone product in the future. Only time will tell, but we're certainly looking forward to learning more about this futuristic companion vehicle.

Image credit: TopSpeed

Permalink to story.

The "truck" looks terrible, but this looks pretty cool. On looks in these pics alone you can't really tell if it's an ev or an ice. 4-wheelers have had this basic design for many years already, so I believe it will be accepted.

Quad bikes are friggin' dangerous and have killed or paralyzed a lot of riders in rollover accidents.

I've rode them for almost 35 years and have never been hurt. I also ride very aggressive and ride through places most won't. It's knowing your limits and using common sense. I'm terrible on dirt bikes, so you know what? I don't ride them. I don't go around trying to throw fear into people. When you compare the way mine looks to others', you will see I don't trash mine. I agree that people have injured themselves, but it's mostly because they aren't paying attention or are trying to impress someone. About anything that moves, people can get killed or paralyzed. I'm not seeing your point other than trying to scare people from having fun and enjoying freedom.

Cybertruck is amazing. It's ugly inside and out, and it comes with a dope looking ATV that fits comfortably in the back and the truck charges the damn thing.

This is the future people. Maybe not this exact design, but how long do you think we'd be waiting for a futuristic car from Ford or Audi if someone didn't push things? No one is doing what Tesla is doing, and I love it!

Elon smoking crack again...

And who are the 100K+ fart-sniffers that are on the cyber list? I bet this will be their first truck and are most likely Hollywood orders, for their Kids. To feel safe, smart, eco & above the hillbilly truckers from the other 49 states.

Truck has a horrible design, almost laughable. I can't wait to see some dipsh!t driving one, so I can laugh at his taste in farts.

I've rode them for almost 35 years and have never been hurt. I also ride very aggressive and ride through places most won't. It's knowing your limits and using common sense. I'm terrible on dirt bikes, so you know what? I don't ride them. I don't go around trying to throw fear into people. When you compare the way mine looks to others', you will see I don't trash mine. I agree that people have injured themselves, but it's mostly because they aren't paying attention or are trying to impress someone. About anything that moves, people can get killed or paralyzed. I'm not seeing your point other than trying to scare people from having fun and enjoying freedom.

Same here, I started riding around 12-3ish, rode the most around the age 16-17 on a few different 500cc area modified sports bikes. You can bet I rode the absolute tits off them. I might be lucky to ride once a year now (25y/o).
Off topic a bit, sorry, but you are absolutely right.

It's all about knowing the limits of the machine, yourself, and the conditions around you, as well as when pushing those limits, and by how much, is more or less of a good idea.
Although I've had plenty of close calls holding the throttle flat when mayyybe that wasn't the best idea, I've never had an injury. Every accident and injury I've seen has been entirely down to the rider not putting in due diligence, or simply biting off a bit more then they should have.

To say that the vehicle itself is dangerous is flat out wrong. Anyone who rides these with the respect that any piece of machinery requires, will say the same.

If Musk wishes to stay with the "futuristic movie" theme, he should consider producing the first "flying" quad-ATV with four drone-like electric fans instead of wheels.

Now THAT would excite a lot of people. The truck itself already looks like it was designed by his 8 year old niece.

I think the new truck is pretty neat, I only hope that they offer it in a true four-wheel-drive (four motors) version. I'm a little less stoked about the ATV. It certainly seems to me there too many sharp edges exposed in It's current design. ATVs do tend to get turned over and get upside down you know.

You go Elon!

Why doesn't he release these quads first?!

Just like that silly not-a-flamethrower they could sell these ATV's at a decent price and make a quick buck while they slowly inch toward the release of the truck.

OR better yet, Give people that buy the silly ATV first dibs at getting the trucks when they release. It's like a pre-order with an actual benefit of getting something fun to play with.

Tesla got it wrong. They should sell the ATV, which looks cool, and give the truck as a free add-on to ATV.

Elon smoking crack again...

And who are the 100K+ fart-sniffers that are on the cyber list? I bet this will be their first truck and are most likely Hollywood orders, for their Kids. To feel safe, smart, eco & above the hillbilly truckers from the other 49 states.

Truck has a horrible design, almost laughable. I can't wait to see some dipsh!t driving one, so I can laugh at his taste in farts.
OK Boomer

Quad bikes are friggin' dangerous and have killed or paralyzed a lot of riders in rollover accidents....[ ]....
They really are safe if you operate them within the performance envelope they are designed for.

Now, if you want to weave in and out of rush our traffic while operating the vehicle on its rear wheels only, and get killed doing so, I firmly believe it''s you own stupidity and recklessness/ How about if we call it, "suicide by All Terrain Vehicle"?

And that's a conviction I refuse to relinquish, no matter whichever "personal injury shyster", on TV tells you otherwise.

Lawsuits and whimpering about, "the lack of safety of ATVs", are about as asinine as if "Evil Knievel" were to sue his motorcycle's manufacturer because "it" missed a jump.

Survivable ATVs designed for legitimate purposes are generally larger, and have fully integrated roll cages, to prevent the injuries you're claiming occur be cause of "defective products" and not an a**hole between the steering wheel and the seat.

If you catch my drift:

Cage14_SDR_710500-A.jpg

As far as I"m concerned, Musk should be deported, his truck is grotesque, the included ATV, is simply a grandiose invitation for his followers to deface public lands, including our national forests, and should be outlawed.

If you want safety, sit in the back of an Uber ride, buckle up, and suck your thumb.and bite you nails until you get were you're going. Here's a hint though, don't be a female, and hopefully be able to hail a driver who uses a Hummer for his, (or her), ride sharing vehicle.

Last edited:
Back