Testing a display on a notebook the display was not made for

Status
Not open for further replies.

GameJunkie72792

If that title makes any sense... But heres the predicament im in. I recieved a working (well sort of) dell inspiron 8000 that housed the Samsung LTN150P2-L01 LCD display.

The notebook had been dropped and they tried to have it repaired before parting ways with it. I didnt ask what they replaced because i didnt think about it really, but looking at the case and the lcd brackets the lcd should have shattered like the metal brackets did. So i now assume they replaced the LCD, or its one tough screen.

So im thinking it might be the inverter board and the screen may be fine if not new, i mean if so its going on ebay :p anyway i need to test it but my only means of doing so would be to hook it up to a Compaq Presario C500 (the shitty ones that shipped with vista, also free :p)

My concern is will the presario power inverter for the screen over power this display...

I cant seem to find anywhere what voltage the Presarios display and the Inspirons display run at, as for the connections they are all the same i.e. video input and power.

The main difference i see is the one is just SXGA+ and the Presario's is WXGA+

this all came up when i was diggin through a box of laptops and found the presario and the inspiron screen... i love boredom :p

Thanks for any help.

My concern is will the presario power inverter for the screen over power this display...

no. Inverters are very, very specifically designed for given systems... and rarely can be used on anything but the lcd for which they were designed.

You can try it, but you might blow the screen or the motherboard... then again, you might not. But even if nothing is damaged, the inverter sockets will likely be different... and the screen may be way to bright or disappointlyin dim.

well all of the sockets are the same, so idk if i want to try it...

i might just sell it as is for parts for a way lower price...

thanks fo the help...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back