The 20 most popular web sites every year since 1996

Ivan Franco

Staff member
imrs.php

Source: http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...s-every-year-since-1996/?tid=trending_strip_5

Retained my interest up until seeing the listings of Turner, Comcast NBC, and the NY Times...therefore turning this whole exercise in terms of credibility into a complete and absolute pile of crap.

I'm a little bit surprised that Yahoo is still up there so high. Although their Finance site and weather app on iOS is pretty sweet.

I'm guessing that at least some of those sites are set as home pages and, thus, get a lot of hits just by virtue of opening people's browsers.

I'm a little bit surprised that Yahoo is still up there so high. Although their Finance site and weather app on iOS is pretty sweet.
Last summer yahoo's weather app showed it was snowing & 25 degrees in Seattle when in reality it was 75 degrees & very nice, thus I don't trust it too much. But to each their own :)

Last summer yahoo's weather app showed it was snowing & 25 degrees in Seattle when in reality it was 75 degrees & very nice, thus I don't trust it too much. But to each their own :)
Its been pretty good for me in mid missouri. Are you sure you didn't get C and F mixed up? 25C would be 77F. Regardless of what happened, Yahoo's weather app on iOS looks f'ing beautiful. I think (since I don't have anything higher than iOS 6) that on iOS 7 and 8 the native weather app essentially used yahoo's interface/graphics. I think this because I remember suggesting to my mom to get yahoo's but then I saw what was already there and it was just as good (she had iOS 7 on an iPad2).

Sorry, I forgot to mention it was one of the weather persons at www.kirotv.com that brought it up during one of the weather reports when comparing their app to the one that comes on the iphone.

Back