The Battlefield V reveal trailer is here

Shawn Knight

Staff member

Electronic Arts and developer DICE on Wednesday hosted a live reveal event for the next entry in the popular Battlefield franchise.

As rumored, Battlefield V brings the action back to where it all started [in Battlefield 1942] – World War II. It’s described as the most immersive Battlefield experience ever and judging from the reveal, that certainly looks to be the case.

Battlefield V will feature a new multiplayer experience called Grand Operations, a new co-op mode called Combined Arms, a Majority Rule Conquest mode, Fortifications, iconic weapons and vehicles from the era and more.

EA also revealed that it is doing away with its Premium Pass meaning all future maps and modes will be free of charge. No pay-to-win here.

Additional details will undoubtedly trickle out in the coming weeks and months leading up to the game’s launch on October 19 (a deluxe edition arrives a few days earlier on the 16th). Fans can get their mitts on the title for the first time at E3 next month in Los Angeles.

Permalink to story.

What's with the woman, as far as I know no women were allowed to fight on the battlefield? Just trying to be edgy for PC culture?

Thought it was cool af when the V1 bomber dropped down.

Meh, very little actual "gameplay footage" there. I see a lot of fancy, one-time animations that won't be in actual gameplay.

I am excited about WWII but was really hoping to see some large scale naval battles taking place. BF4 got some decent naval battles but nothing to the extent I was hoping. I'm thinking 15-20 crew ships where each crew member has a function. Probably not gonna happen though.

I hope there is still hardcore mode for MP and a full on campaign.

Really hoping to see a VR version of the game but that probably will never happen either.

What's with the woman, as far as I know no women were allowed to fight on the battlefield? Just trying to be edgy for PC culture.
As far as I know, only the Soviet Union had women in combat roles. Initially they were support, but after the losses of the first year or two of Operation Barbarossa they formed female units. After the war though, they were disbanded.

What's with the woman, as far as I know no women were allowed to fight on the battlefield? Just trying to be edgy for PC culture?

There were actually quite a few female fighters, particularly in the Europe partisan and Russian groups. Some of the best Russian snipers were female. And there was a significant number of female Russian bomber and artillery spotter pilots too.

Yeah, heard it was for the #MeeToo movement!

Where the f*** did the bionics come from?? the future?? perhap as they didn't have that level of artificial limbs then as only in the past twenty thirty years they have had working fingers on them ??

Battlejustice V.

In fairness, there were limited numbers of female fighters in European militaries during WWII, as others have noted. But you can bet your bottom dollar they're going to play the #MeToo angle on this and cash in as many tokens as possible.

Where the f*** did the bionics come from?? the future?? perhap as they didn't have that level of artificial limbs then as only in the past twenty thirty years they have had working fingers on them ??

Just a metal peg, I wouldn't call it bionics mate.

There were actually quite a few female fighters, particularly in the Europe partisan and Russian groups. Some of the best Russian snipers were female. And there was a significant number of female Russian bomber and artillery spotter pilots too.
There were plenty of woman snipers. One of the top snipers was a woman. There were plenty of woman that part of the French Resistance, but if they were actual gun toting combatants, is another story.
With all that said, if there's a 50/50 gender mix in Battlefiled V, it's just a a case of being too PC or caving into Social Justice minded nonsense.
If this was a fictional franchise based on a fictional war, bring on every every kind of marginalized fighter they want. Fictional wars have no historical limitations.

There were plenty of woman snipers. One of the top snipers was a woman. There were plenty of woman that part of the French Resistance, but if they were actual gun toting combatants, is another story.
With all that said, if there's a 50/50 gender mix in Battlefiled V, it's just a a case of being too PC or caving into Social Justice minded nonsense.
If this was a fictional franchise based on a fictional war, bring on every every kind of marginalized fighter they want. Fictional wars have no historical limitations.

The Battlefield series is still hardly a history lesson. The locations and weapons have names from the history books, but beyond that, it is still all fantasy - and a fantasy that needs to make money. Adding women fighters will only boost the net sales.

Most importantly, will we get a campaign co-op for at least 4 players like Call of Duty World at War? The day this happens I will cry from happiness.

Back