The Best Gaming Mouse: Logitech vs. Razer vs. Microsoft

Julio Franco

Staff member
With online gaming being as competitive as it is these days, you will no doubt want to take advantage of every opportunity available (short of cheating) to gain an edge over your online foes. Today we are taking a look at five gaming mice that aim to do just that.

Considering it would be nearly impossible to cover all options we have gone with the usual suspects which usually carry the best ergonomics and sensor technology available at any given time.

Meet the cream of the crop: from Logitech, the G5 and G9 mice. Microsoft is represented by the Sidewinder and Habu mice, while Razer rounds out the group with the Lachesis gaming mouse.

https://www.techspot.com/review/111-gaming-mouse-shootout/

Please leave your feedback here. Thanks!

Wow 6 Pages on a mouse (in review) very thorough :grinthumb
Can I ask where all this reviewed hardware goes once you test it fully?
Do you use an online auction or something?

Thank you.

We either return it to the manufacturer or use it internally. This sometimes helps revealing long term usage quirks or the true excellence of the product, which ultimately goes into a feedback loop on future articles we write and everything else we report at TS.

Logitech products are amazing for almost everything. I use an MX510 and I bought a G5 but I still use the MX. I would suggest the G5 is you have fairly large hands.

edit: great read, thank you!

I totally understand where you are coming from... I'm still using the MX518 which does wonders for me. Probably getting a Habu or a G5 eventually to replace it but I'm in no rush.

I'm also using a wired Razer mouse with my laptop, even lighter and very sensitive tracking.

Woooooord! the 518 is one sweet desktop piece.

Was wondering, do you have a review on keyboards? YOu really seem to know your stuff, I'll be looking forward to one if one does not exist yet.

P.S. is a keyboard review really worth it????

We'll probably never delve too deep on keyboards just because those have an even broader range of brands and models, so it's even harder to draw conclusions when it can all be subjective.

That said, this is something we have had in our sights for some time now:
http://www.daskeyboard.com

i would stick with Logitech Becasue they dont sell Cheap products and have better Service plus Better Products its a no brainer i have 2 Razers and they bolth Craped out not to mention the Horrible Driver Support they didnt fix a big problem every 1 was having till almost a year after they came out thats just horrible and every 1 i know that has a G5 is very happy with it i should of went with..

Check out CyberSnipa.com looks like they sell nice products good news so fare

I am a left handed person who has owned a Razor Lachesis mouse for 18 months.

I used the mouse under both Vista and Windows 7.

It has never worked correctly. I have never been able to get the drivers to work correctly or been able to update the firmware. I have tried many times.

I am not a super expert at windows installs but neither am I a neophite. I have installed multiple wiindows operating systems as clean installs and have sucessfully installed multiple unusual devices and device drivers. I have built my own PC from the motherboard up.

After struggling with Razor's support page, documentation, and the mouse itself.... I will never buy another Razor product. I visited this page because I plan to throw my Razor mouse away and am researching a replacement.

The Razor mice as far as I know are among the best you can get if you're left-handed. Not sure what happened in your case though.

Anyway, I'm a G5 user, and have been so ever since the v2 came out. I used an MX400 before that for a long time too, and was part of the reason why I went for the G5 (was just splurging for myself really).

Anyway, long term use of G5.... My beautifully braided cable is wearing out, and showing signs of fraying. Nice little tendrils are coming off it about 6 inches from the mouse, and I can't really tell why: I used an eXactmat, which was replaced by a goliathus when it worn out, both of which doesn't really have sharp edges. Looking around, I can't say I see any sharp edges at all near the mouse, so I'm quite baffled by this.

Also, the black paint over the "broken" surface rubs off, but this is only on where I do my left clicking. I'd consider that normal.

One problem I do encounter is that the weights cartridge case does eject by itself quite easily when transporting the mouse, which has led to a few search parties. A mouse carry bag might be a good idea. If they included one, I can't remember, I don't go to LAN parties too often.

edit: *Just realised this is a 2 year old thread. Owell.

Back