The Best PC Games of 2018... So Far

I’m actually mildly disappointed by Far Cry 5, maybe I’m bored of the formula but I remember enjoying Far Fry 4 more. I’d say far Cry 5 is a better game but the guns aren’t as good for me. It’s probably just me. Also has subnautica come out of early access this year then? Because I played that last year!

I'm still playing FC5 and enjoying it. Not sure why people have complained about it - it's Far Cry, so you're going to get the Far Cry experience. No different than other formula-type games like CoD, Battlefield, Fallout, etc. It's beautifully rendered too.

One game I'll toss in the "best of" mix is the recently released Bard's Tale remastered trilogy. It's not going to win any graphics awards, but that is one fun game and a great "blast from the past."

I was really let down by Ni no Kuni 2: Revenant Kingdom and Warhammer: Vermintide 2. The story for Ni No Kuni 2 was much better than the first, but the gameplay was really boring and repetitive. I wish they would of stuck with turn based combat. Then Vermintide 2 was just another L4D clone with extremely limited content, but I guess people love the grind for loot. I've said it before, but Vermintide 2 would be much better if they just added a PVP game mode.

Um this whole article is very dependent on the individual's favorite types of games. I for one have been playing Empyrion and am totally addicted. Who wouldn't want to build a vehicle from scratch and fly/drive it around and use it in combat?

Why call it "best" games of 2018 when it's just a list of your favorite games? Have you even played every game released in 2018?

I'm gonna guess no.

Everyone has their favorite games, and almost nobody will or can play every game.

It should come as no surprise that this is a list of the authors' favorites. How could they possibly think games that aren't their favorites would belong on such a list?

Reviewer why are you only showing the games you play.
You never cover these 3 games. Shouldn't you try everything out there?

Neverwinter
STO - Star Trek Online

free to play games or you can opt for play to pay games.

Airborne 8 Under Windows 10 and Android 8

2018 was a disappointing year for games IMO. Not a lot of mindblowing experiences.

I miss the days when AAA devs were making games like HL2, the first crysis, Halo 1, ece that were fun and pushed what was possible on their respective platforms. These days its all safe by the numbers banal garbage designed to make money above all else. Perhaps I was spoiled by the golden age of 3d, the PS2 era where there were tons of fantastic games coming out and PC games were pushing the bar ever higher, but it seems there is a lot less effort and a lot more beancounters.

I'm still playing FC5 and enjoying it. Not sure why people have complained about it - it's Far Cry, so you're going to get the Far Cry experience. No different than other formula-type games like CoD, Battlefield, Fallout, etc. It's beautifully rendered too.

One game I'll toss in the "best of" mix is the recently released Bard's Tale remastered trilogy. It's not going to win any graphics awards, but that is one fun game and a great "blast from the past."
I feel it is because it is just the "far cry experience" again. We have had far cry 3, 4, primal, and now 5 that are basically the same game. Why cant anybody at ubisoft figure out how to make the game feel at least a little different? If I wanted to play FC3 again, I'll just play FC3.

Perhaps you missed it, but battlefield and fallout being the same formula with a new coat of paint have gotten their fair share of criticism too. AAA games used to push the bar, now they appear to be sleeping on it. CoD is the worst because it takes the stale formula and throws random garbage into it to see what sticks with no respect for how the game actually functions.

Sure, it is "beautifully rendered" but I play games for gameplay. If I wanted just good graphics and nothing else, I'd just watch the last jedi again.

At least its not Far Cry Primal lol

Back