The Best PC Games (You Should Be Playing)

I'm surprised Dying Light 2 is on the list....yeah, it's more of a train wreck still when it comes to co-op - which is one of the big selling points for the game considering how well Dying Light played with co-op. Maybe the game might be worth playing in another year if they can actually fix the bugs that plague it and stop breaking other aspects of the game when they implement bug fixes.

No Teardown? Forza Horizon 5 and a bunch of other mainstream hero shooters, and one 8+ year old game when RDR2 could have been in its place instead as the better option by the same developers? Amazed Fortnite isn't on here too.

"Most popular console games you can also play on PC"

List fails hard.

I can't really agree to this list.
Chaos Gate is average, battlesector seems much better,
FH5 is nice console arcade, but on PC I enjoy rFactor or Race Room much more,
Valorant, V Rising... sorry, what?
Halo Infinite... please, if I'd like to have a bugfest and gatcha I'd play on mobile - or get diablo infinite. Wouldnt be a Destiny or Division a better choice if you enjoy co-op shooter? Even Warframe is a better game.
GTA5... if you dig so far, why there is no Minecraft?
Warhammer tw 3 is a total mess. Get W: tw2 instead, and wait for devs to fix tw3 before touching it. And you'd probably save money while waiting and enjoying tw2.
There is so many great PC games, what's the point of putting multiplatforms or console first here? GoW or Horizon are absolutely gorgeous, but there are many pc titles worth recomending which aren't available on other platforms.

List is always going to be subjective, limited to just 10 games + 5 or so extra mentions... instead of complaining you could simply mention what are your favorite PC games you are playing at the moment for everyone else to share.

To get the ball rolling, currently I keep playing Forza Horizon 4, GTA 5, Far Cry 6 and the occasional Wordle, if that counts...

For some reason, I simply cant get into Forza Horizon 5 and went back to 4.

Cant really agree with early access and f2p games being on the list because they always feel sorta rip-offy(is that a word?) & gta5 is great but a relic and also sorta rip-offy.

So I'll replace em with some of my favorites:)

AC odyssey - use a trainer and just be an ancient demigod, its a magical experience.

Tales of arise - just plain ol great jrpg tropey goodness.

Horizon zero dawn - already one ps game on the list may as well add on the better one too.

ff14 - it really does have the best ff story in yrs even if its slowly becoming a my favorite waifu sim.

:joy: at recommending Halo Infinite 🤡

It's a buggy disaster of a game that has almost no content alongside the absolute worst netcode and matchmaking algorithms in the FPS industry.

The only worse FPS you could spend your time on is Battlefield 2042.

Last edited:
"GTA V has two accolades it can be proud of: not only is it the best-selling game of all time with over 165 million units sold"
Yeah, about that. I'm pretty certain that the best-selling game of all-time is Minecraft with well over $230,000,000 units sold (I don't recall the exact number).

EDIT: I verified that Minecraft is indeed the best-selling game of all-time with 238,000,000 units sold. GTA V is a distant second with (as was reported) 165,000,000 units sold.

Lists are always appropriate. I hope for 100 comments. GTA 5 is the only one on the list I have played. If I need to pass an hour quick it's a fun to run from the cops in GTA

"GTA V has two accolades it can be proud of: not only is it the best-selling game of all time with over 165 million units sold"
Yeah, about that. I'm pretty certain that the best-selling game of all-time is Minecraft with well over $230,000,000 units sold (I don't recall the exact number).

EDIT: I verified that Minecraft is indeed the best-selling game of all-time with 238,000,000 units sold. GTA V is a distant second with (as was reported) 165,000,000 units sold.
Better get that independently fact checked by FB....it's a joke

List is always going to be subjective, limited to just 10 games + 5 or so extra mentions... instead of complaining you could simply mention what are your favorite PC games you are playing at the moment for everyone else to share.

To get the ball rolling, currently I keep playing Forza Horizon 4, GTA 5, Far Cry 6 and the occasional Wordle, if that counts...
As I said, I would at least make them you know, PC games as in PC exclusives or titles that at least were released as such to begin with.

Problem is that actual PC games are not all that popular: now that the era of MMOs is over there's not a lot of mainstream appeal in full on PC experiences so it's smaller titles like simulation and indie platformers that keep the lights on for PC gaming along with CRPGs.

Currently playing Elden Ring and Forza Horizon 5, I'm almost 100% in FH4, I just like cars.

CSGO is an FPS I always return to, it gets the basics down the best.

PES or FIFA socially.

So we've reached a point that no one cares about MMOs anymore...

If anyone cares, FFXIV is the way to go, followed by ESO.

So we've reached a point that no one cares about MMOs anymore...

If anyone cares, FFXIV is the way to go, followed by ESO.

I gave up on ESO because it kept redownloading the entire game. Warhammer Online, Age of Conan, Lord of the Rings Online, and Star Wars: The Old Republic are some other great f2p MMOs.

Which ones don't require you to kill others?

I don't know what kind of games you think these are, but you're not required to kill anyone to play them. This isn't The Running Man or The Hunger Games....they're just video games. No killing is required to play them, just enjoy them for what they are - entertainment.

I don't know what kind of games you think these are, but you're not required to kill anyone to play them. This isn't The Running Man or The Hunger Games....they're just video games. No killing is required to play them, just enjoy them for what they are - entertainment.
I'm just going by what the article says, like:
Elden Ring - Open-world, lots of melee combat
Halo Infinite - Shooter
Valorant - planting bombs
Dying Light 2 - melee combat
Apex Legends - Battle Royale
Any 'War' games and GTA-x are shooters as well.
And then there's zombies....

Last edited:
I'm just going by what the article says, like:
Elden Ring - Open-world, lots of melee combat
Halo Infinite - Shooter
Valorant - planting bombs
Dying Light 2 - melee combat
Apex Legends - Battle Royale
Any 'War' games and GTA-x are shooters as well.
And then there's zombies....
superman-missed-the-joke.gif

Which ones don't require you to kill others?
You've got a point. We'll review that in our next feature iteration... in the meantime, perhaps you can enjoy something from this list?

I keep hoping I'll find a "top" list like this that doesn't include all the FotM and/or AAA games everyone's playing.

Because those are the ones that don't need any advertising in the slightest, and it's usually all you see or hear about when looking at gaming sites.

Where are the more niche titles? The indies that don't get the exposure they deserve? Things like that.

I keep hoping I'll find a "top" list like this that doesn't include all the FotM and/or AAA games everyone's playing.

Not exactly what you are asking for, but these have been published in the last year or so...

Most Watchable Games for Non-Gamers

11 Great Free Steam Games

10+ Games Guaranteed to Spike Your Adrenaline

25 Great Games You Can Play on Laptops and Budget PCs

Back