The Best SSDs and PC Storage - Holidays 2022

When are the PCIe gen 5 nvme ssds coming out?
Was going to get the 980 pros but the 990 just hit shelves but it's still pcie gen 4.

I have a question, what is the most reliable external SSD for sensitive and private data backup.
Before SSD, Samsung portable hard drives were terrible and I have seen several corrupted devices.

I have a question, what is the most reliable external SSD for sensitive and private data backup.
Before SSD, Samsung portable hard drives were terrible and I have seen several corrupted devices.
The drives we recommended use TLC flash and support hardware-based encryption. They should be good enough in that regard.

Is PCI 3 or 4 saturated?
Good question and I think the answer is no.

On synthetic seems to be possible, but on real world applications, I dont think its happening.

Maybe it will change with the new DirectStorage update and load times will really go down, but I am not sure at the moment.

I have one more option: Fastest cheapest SSD. RW 5000/4200MB ssd from Crucial.
I bought 2tb version for 124 on Christmas. Idk if it is still selling at this price but it felt like the very best offer at the time. I mean, There are plenty of 2tb drives selling around $100 but each of those is 2 or 3 times slower than the one I mentioned.

Back