The Best SSDs and Storage - Early 2024

Sadly the SSD alternative is so expensive so yeah HDD is the way to go for NAS at home but I can wait for a bit longer before I have to replace ALL of my NAS drives. (They are 8 TB each and plenty of them). Next year perhaps. We will see.

Sadly the SSD alternative is so expensive so yeah HDD is the way to go for NAS at home but I can wait for a bit longer before I have to replace ALL of my NAS drives. (They are 8 TB each and plenty of them). Next year perhaps. We will see.
I'd happily take a SSD NAS, but the only company to make a 2.5" NAS is synology, who refuses to embrace multi gig, and there is 0 reason to go SSD if I am limited to a gigabit.

Has anyone used Western Digital Black SN770M in Microsoft Surface Pro 7 Plus? If yes, please comment on performance. Thanks

Hard drives? Ugh!
Let me know how the cost works out for you for getting 30TB of storage in SSDs only, which is what I have in my NAS. :p

For a boot drive or active gaming drive, sure: SSD or nothing. But sometimes you just need sheer bulk storage, without spending close to five digits on it.

Back