The Best Tablets 2019

I feel Apple tablets are just gimmicks and overblown. Not sure why people go goo-goo-ga-ga over them. Wife has it. Never understood the hype. Sure they put so and so tech in them..but they are hardly noticeable in day-to-day use.

Don't get me wrong.. I'm not a fan of Android nor Apple. I just like to use what I feel suits my needs. But I really feel Apple products are over-hyped, and definitely, prohibitively over-priced.

I bought a tablet last year and there isn’t really much competition for an iPad at the moment. The Galaxy tablets are about the best there is, they don’t really come close to the iPad in terms of features, specifications and design and aren’t cheap enough to warrant buying. I ended up with an iPad 2018 and find it to be good enough for light 4K go pro video editing and it can even run Civ VI which is great for long haul plane journeys.

My wife uses her tablet to play Scrabble and does nothing else with it. Which $800 iPad would you recommend for playing Scrabble?
I'm going to guess he'd recommend the $249 Apple iPad 2018, which he recommends for the "casual tablet user", just two tablets further down the page.

*sigh*, had Sony persisted and improved on the under-rated Xperia Z4 tab, it might have made a spot in this list. Beautiful, minimalist and unique design and hardware that was pushed back by the 810 Soc, Android and Sony's usual weak marketing and presence in key markets. Trying once more with a Windows OS is a risk worth taking, imo.

Could you stop recommending the most expensive products from Apple and Samsung?
I know Huawei is in the penalty box, but they have good stuff too, their M series looks fine to me.

I am an android user and have used several tablets. Samsung is good, no question, but I am using now Lenovo and love it, good battery life, goes on quick, and very responsive.

Worst was my purchase of Asus. Was OK, battery life ok, screen brightness nice, but they told me to install an upgrade to the OS and then all of hell came loose. The tablet kept rebooting and would not stop. Their help desk was soooo bad, that it is a shame to call it a 'help' desk, rather a 'hell' desk. They made so many stupid suggestions, that I ended up buying the Lenovo.

So, I highly recommend Lenovo, but warn people to stay away from Asus!

The best tablet of 2019 is my Hisense 7 M470BSA that maybe 6 years old and cost me $129. Still charges fast and lasts a long time. Anyone spending more on a tablet is goofy

The only tablet I found worthwhile was the Nvidia Shield Tablet (discontinued); expandable storage AND mini-HDMI (no weird adapters that block charging). My Apple/Samsung tablets all suck compared to that combo. Good thing my Nvidia Shield Tablet is still kicking.

I feel Apple tablets are just gimmicks and overblown. Not sure why people go goo-goo-ga-ga over them. Wife has it. Never understood the hype. Sure they put so and so tech in them..but they are hardly noticeable in day-to-day use.

Don't get me wrong.. I'm not a fan of Android nor Apple. I just like to use what I feel suits my needs. But I really feel Apple products are over-hyped, and definitely, prohibitively over-priced.

Apple markets to the less-intelligent among us. Many people allow their "System 1" thought processing to rule their lives. We call them "sheeple" ?

Back