The CIA pays AT&T more than $10 million annually for foreign call logs

Shawn Knight

Staff member
AT&T is on the receiving end of a $10 million payout each year from the CIA in exchange for providing phone records to help with overseas counterterrorism investigations. It’s a program that the wireless provider voluntarily agrees to meaning there’s...

[newwindow="https://www.techspot.com/news/54619-the-cia-pays-att-more-than-10-million-annually-for-foreign-call-logs.html"]Read more[/newwindow]

cliffordcooley

If it truly is only foreign call logs, my name won't be included. But seriously, ten million tax dollars paid annually to AT&T! How many here hates AT&T, but yet supports them unwillingly/unknowingly every time they pay taxes?

G

cliffordcooley said:
How many here hates AT&T, but yet supports them unwillingly/unknowingly every time they pay taxes?

I hate AT&T, but unfortunately, I support AT&T reluctantly because it's the only service available in my area.

Phillip Seni

Privacy is privacy until the economics of 'trade' kicks in.
select your choice: warrant duly issued by authority, fee, or hack.

the CIA reportedly asks AT&T to mask the identity of the US-based number for legal reasons.
I call it BS... snowden claims that the u.s. government is also spying on its own citizens so the 'masking' of u.s. numbers is not a logical step as far as spying is concerned because the u.s. needs to fight terrorists both foreign and domestic. homeland tv series, anyone?