The new social media platform from Donald Trump is now available on Apple's App Store

Status
Not open for further replies.

midian182

Staff member
What just happened? Donald Trump’s social media platform, Truth Social, is now available via Apple’s App Store after launching late on Sunday. The public release of the Twitter-like service follows a reported beta phase of 500 users that has been running since December. It was the top free app on the the store earlier today.

Trump’s relationship with social media during his time as president was strained to say the least. Despite being a prolific Twitter user who regularly tweeted official policy on the platform, he often accused it of being biased against conservative viewpoints. Trump was banned from Twitter (and Facebook and YouTube) in early 2021 over accusations that he posted messages inciting violence during the storming of the US Capitol attack.

We first heard about plans for Trump’s social network back in March last year. But his ‘From the Desk of Donald J. Trump’ was closer to a blog and didn’t even last one month.

The Truth Social project is being developed by Trump Media and Technology Group (TMTG) and led by former Republican Representative David Nunes. Like Twitter’s tweets, the platform’s individual posts are known as Truths. They are shown on a Truth Feed, and if you want to share a post, you can ReTruth it. There will also be support for direct messaging, as well as user verification.

If you do want to join Truth Social, be prepared to wait. Reuters reports that people trying to register for an account have encountered problems or were put on to a waitlist. The truthsocial.com website, which is not secured through HTTPS and only appears to be working for those in the US right now, keeps going down.

Truth Social will be joining other similar social networks with a conservative slant competing against Twitter, including Gettr, Parler, and video site Rumble.

"This week we will begin to roll out on the Apple App Store. That's going to be awesome, because we're going to get so many more people that are going to be on the platform," Nunes said on Fox News yesterday. "Our goal is, I think we're going to hit it, I think by the end of March we're going to be fully operational at least within the United States," he added.

For interested Android users, the Truth Social website notes that it will be coming to the Google Play Store “soon.”

Permalink to story.

I'm waiting for all the comments when they convict him of all sorts of federal offences and put him away for life w/o possibility of parole. We can only hope he's put in isolation without access to any form of electronic device, when we'll see how long he lasts!

My only curiosity is: did they do the backend right? Or will it get hacked/taken down by trump haters in due time.

Not that I expect it to be that popular. Too polarizing a situation.

I'm waiting for all the comments when they convict him of all sorts of federal offences and put him away for life w/o possibility of parole. We can only hope he's put in isolation without access to any form of electronic device, when we'll see how long he lasts!

But that wouldn't make Apple any money.

This is all this is: Twitter, Facebook, Apple and every single news corporation including the ones that are openly critical of Trump are actually *NOT* different from each other: They profit from the attention Trump gives them.

And they profit from said attention knowing well he is advocating for openly fascist ideology and already attempted a Coup once and will attempt, and maybe even succeed another one if (If not *when*) he wins a second term as POTUS

The point is that they all make money: they make money from both the people that idolize Trump as their white saviour ready to destroy all the libs (And by libs, they not-so-secretly mean racialized minorities) and from the people that fetishize Trump as an avatar of everything that's wrong in the world and then immediately disengage with politics once Biden is in office and almost 100% of the things Trump actually did are the same OR WORST under Biden.

The point is that Capitalism has decided they will profit off Trump's insane rhetoric either way and that they're not accountable for the damage they're creating by astro-turfing him from both sides of the equation. Just making their stupid line for ratings and profits go up is their end game no matter the consequences.

But that wouldn't make Apple any money.

This is all this is: Twitter, Facebook, Apple and every single news corporation including the ones that are openly critical of Trump are actually *NOT* different from each other: They profit from the attention Trump gives them.

And they profit from said attention knowing well he is advocating for openly fascist ideology and already attempted a Coup once and will attempt, and maybe even succeed another one if (If not *when*) he wins a second term as POTUS

The point is that they all make money: they make money from both the people that idolize Trump as their white saviour ready to destroy all the libs (And by libs, they not-so-secretly mean racialized minorities) and from the people that fetishize Trump as an avatar of everything that's wrong in the world and then immediately disengage with politics once Biden is in office and almost 100% of the things Trump actually did are the same OR WORST under Biden.

The point is that Capitalism has decided they will profit off Trump's insane rhetoric either way and that they're not accountable for the damage they're creating by astro-turfing him from both sides of the equation. Just making their stupid line for ratings and profits go up is their end game no matter the consequences.

I'd love to see some evidence of this "openly fascist ideology" you mention. Did Trump ban, censor or cancel anyone who hated him? Did he even try? We both know the answer.

My only curiosity is: did they do the backend right? Or will it get hacked/taken down by trump haters in due time.

Not that I expect it to be that popular. Too polarizing a situation.
Yeah I think they do their backend. Also, hope they learn their lesson from twitter. They need also to release the Web interface for the social network as well. Otherwise, they still depend on apple and google for their apps.

"They are shown on a Truth Feed, and if you want to share a post, you can ReTruth it."____ Lol...! The Trump Cult is going to be on "Lie Social" brainwashing new members with ReTruth messages...!

Hopefully the site would be hacked everyday until it collapses...!

The concept does sound crazy but it certainly works for Boris Johnson.
It's all in their hairdos. Johnson comes a lot closer to a bleach blond Einstein, but without the curls. Maybe people associate his disheveled coif with preoccupation with expanding the deeper workings of his mind, as opposed to paying attention to personal appearance..

Hey, wouldn't it be a trip, if someone spray tanned their a**, and then mooned Trump at his next rally?

If I only could write the headline for that, "folks, meet the new speaker of the house". Plastered over a big orange butt.

Last edited:
Schwarze Korps
Watch it buster, that comes uncomfortably close to "Schwarzcopf :
220px-NormanSchwarzkopf.jpg

If it's on the App store it means they're removing any "hate speech" or "misinformation" per Apple's dictates; e.g., whatever they say it is. More fake astroturfed social networks from Conservative Inc.

If it's on the App store it means they're removing any "hate speech" or "misinformation" per Apple's dictates; e.g., whatever they say it is. More fake astroturfed social networks from Conservative Inc.
If you removed all Trumps lies, hate speech, misinformation, and malapropisms, all he would be able to say on the platform is, :"duh".

I should join though. I'm dying to know when that check from Mexico is coming for our border wall. (y) (Y) :facepalm:

If you removed all Trumps lies, hate speech, misinformation, and malapropisms, all he would be able to say on the platform is, :"duh".

I should join though. I'm dying to know when that check from Mexico is coming for our border wall. (y) (Y) :facepalm:
Mexico has a lower inflation rate from the USA currently. A few more years of Biden Admin and Mexico will have to actually build a wall to protect its border.

Mexico has a lower inflation rate from the USA currently. A few more years of Biden Admin and Mexico will have to actually build a wall to protect its border.
You're pretty funny. During his presidency, Donald Trump increased the US debt by over 7 trillion,(with a "T"), to as much as 8.3 trillion dollars dollars. That's money you can stop blaming on Biden

He also released thousands of Taliban prisoners. One has to wonder how many of those were involved in the takeover of Afghanistan. Which also gets blamed on Biden..

As for inflation, well you can blame John Q Public for quite a bit of that. Due to :the "chip shortage", car dealers are gouging people thousands of dollars above sticker price for new cars. Some dealers have even been warned by the manufacturers ti, "cease and desist", or they won't get replacement inventory. I suppose that's "Biden's fault" as well.

And hey, how about those graphics card prices, y'all have been whining and whimpering about? Don't cha know, Biden sent out one of our nuclear subs to torpedo cargo shipments from Nvidia to drive the prices up. I tell you there's no limit to Biden's evil, (or the overall gullibility of some of Techspot's members)

I hope the Smithsonian or some other museum is archiving the discussions of the original 500 beta testers. Their I'm sure genius-level discussions may be the closest our generation comes to the Federalist Papers and should be preserved for the enlightenment of future generations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back