There must be a program for this (monitor issue)

I have an amazing 4k 32″ monitor that was given to me for free at work since it has a defect.
I’ve fallen in love with it so far and it would be major upgrade over my old 22″ I’m currently using despite it not working 100% properly.

The problem is that the bottom right 1/4 of the screen displays slightly darker then the rest of the screen but still gives me a full picture and I want to know if there’s a workaround for this.

The darker area still displays all the pixels and still gets brighter when I adjust the image brightness in the Nvidia control panel. (I have a Geforce 1080 GTX)

Is the ANY program at all that allows you to increase the gamma and brightness of just a section of the screen instead of the whole screen via software? I suppose it's a rare problem but I think it has to be possible.

Like setting 90% brightness on the bottom right quadrant while displaying 50% brightness on the rest of the screen?

This would almost completely fix my problem (I know it would be far from perfect but I’d be happy)

So far I’ve done dozens of google searches and found nothing, but before I stop using a monitor worth almost $750 or fork out for a new one I want to exhaust all options.

btw, here is the monitor here:
https://store.hp.com/us/en/pdp/hp-z32-315-inch-4k-uhd-display

Even if there was a way to move the display (like shift the entire display 500 pixels to the left) I could resize the screen via Nvidia control panel and the darker area wouldn't bother me as much. So far there is no option in the OSD menu to move the screen left or right unlike my other monitors.

I've flipped the display and mounted the monitor upside down and for most programs the upper left darker area doesn't bother me much but is still distracting.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Last edited:
Back