To Cpc2004, i need an advice please

Status
Not open for further replies.

nsantos

Hello Cpc2004,

We already talked before https://www.techspot.com/vb/showthread.php?t=32079&goto=newpost, and the problem persists with the same symptoms.
I tried 2 different memory´s in every slot of my MB, downclocked the memory but the error is still there and it´s always the same.

I went to a store to analyse my computer, and they tested my memory and my grafichs card and they were ok. When they tested my HD they found 2 bad sectors and they advice me to replace my HD. I asked them if they thought that the BSOD was because of the HD and they said yes.
I need your advice : Do you think that some of this problems (Page_Fault_In_Nonpaged_Area) are related to the HD ? . I´m asking this because i saw in this site and others dozens of posts regarding this problem, and i never saw one referring to the HD. What do you think ?

I attached the last 6 minidumps.

Thank you
Regards.

Hi,

The latest dump is exactly the same as before. The stack trace has the footprint of nt!CmpFindNameInList and it maybe the folder name. I am not sure.

bad1dbe8 80579113 00000005 d687004c 00000044 nt!CmpCompareCompressedName+0x5b
bad1dc18 8057494d e1035b60 d687fa18 bad1dce4 nt!CmpFindNameInList+0x9a

Maybe the directory block is corrupted but it can be fixed by issuing the command chkdsk /r. You had better run this command at recovery console. If it is hardware error at hard disk and windows crashes with bugcheck 7A with ntstaus 6 (page I/O code) or bugcheck code 7B inaccessible boot disk. Your windows always crash with the bugcheck code 50 and I am not conviced it is hardware of the hard disk.

Do you use SATA hard disk? You need to install an special Intel device driver.

Hi,

I use AMD. I have a Seagate ST380021A - ATA.
Look at this page http://aumha.org/win5/a/xpvm.php. Since i have the problem, i think that i saw more than 100 posts regarding my problem and this is the first site where they said that the culprit can be the HD.
Transcription:
"What is loaded in RAM?
Items in RAM can be divided into:

The Non-Paged area. Parts of the System which are so important that they may never be paged out - the area of RAM used for these is called in XP the ‘Non-Paged area’. Because this mainly contains core code of the system, which is not likely to contain serious faults, a Blue Screen referring to ‘Page Fault in Non-Paged area’ probably indicates a serious hardware problem with the RAM modules, or possibly damaged code resulting from a defective Hard disk. It is, though, possible that external utility software (e.g. Norton) may put modules there too, so if such faults arise when you have recently installed or updated something of this sort, try uninstalling it."

This weekend i think i will go to another store to get a second opinion. I don´t know what do more..... :(

Yes, i runned chkdsk /f /r today but it didn´t found any errors. The guy at the store told me that he used a professional program to check the disk.
Today i had the same error again when playing and when surfing the net.
Corrected me if i´m wrong, but the nonpaged area in RAM it´s loaded when windows starts, right ? The information in this area is not paged out to the pagefile, right ? So, the problem is the disk when is putting the information in the nonpaged area, or it´s a memory problem because it can´t found the address. I´m almost sure that it isn´t a physical memory problem because i already used 2 different dimm´s in separate. It leaves the MB or the CPU or the HD or all.
What it´s driving me nuts is that the address it´s always the same (8056744e when playing and 0x3718be99 in internet explorer)

What do you think ?

Tomorrow i will go the the store that sold me the computer to see if they can test my machine with other components. :D

No, i don´t have a copy of Windows with me.
What´s the difference between running in recovery console and in command prompt ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back