Too many pop-ups. Found nail.exe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please help me. I am getting the message AUNPS2.DLL everytime I log on. I also get pop-ups like crazy now. I deleted the file nail.exe before I got more information explaining that that would not fix the problem.

popups

if your anti-virus doesn't detect spy-ware and some other viruses etc, dowload panda active online scan, its free. it will delete some viruses but won't delete spy-ware but it will tell where to find them for deletion.when you delete these files etc, disable system recovery first. panda works for me and i run norton.
its worth using another one to check that the one you already have is doing its job. www.pandasoftware.com/activescan

popups

iron duke gave me a link for ewido this was prooved to be great. try that befor getting into real tech stuff

Gr8ful4hlp

Thanks for all the help! I was a little intimidated by the HiJackThis instructions, but I was willing to give it a try. However, ewido seems to have done the trick for me. When I have more time I still want to try the HiJackThis method. ewido is only free for 14 days.

Glad Ewido sorted you out. I thought it was worth purchasing as it runs in the background keeping an eye on things. Isn't that expensive for a bit of peace of mind.

Agree completely.

It worked fine and now I keep getting a message for a TrojanDownloader.Qoologic.ac. I just keep saying 'Block and Clean'. Even when I had my modem turned off. Do you know what's up with that?

this virus, if your AV software (what is it, btw?) doesn't clean it up, i reccomend looking for a removal tool. this can be found at numerous sites, but i'd try the symantec security center first (security.symantec.com)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back