Toshiba Laptop keeps rebooting

Status
Not open for further replies.

trinamick

Hi everyone, newbie here - hope I'm in the right place.

My boss's Toshiba notebook (1955-S806) shut down while he was working and now it keeps rebooting. It gets as far as the Windows XP logo and then restarts. I tried rebooting in safe mode - same problem. Shutting down completely and then starting up again was ineffective as well. I know virtually nothing about Toshiba, since the rest of our computers are Dell. My boss is searching for any disks or owner's manual, but no luck so far. :) Any suggestions? Thank you in advance.

Serial No. 23023196CU (if that helps any)

Have you just installed Service Pack 2? It does exactly that if the BIOS is an older version on some Laptops & PC's.

You could try hitting F8 just after POST Screen and it'll bring up a menu. Try "Last known good Configuration" or whatever it's called.

If thats no good, download and make a Floppy or CD of Memtest86 http://www.memtest86.com/

Boot from that, run the test and that way you can rule out RAM problems.

It's been awhile since SP2 was loaded - no immediate problems. I've tried using the Last Known Good Configuration - didn't work. I'll try your other suggestion. Thanks

I tried the F8, and I was given the option to disable the automatic restart on system failure. When I did that, I was finally able to get the blue screen.

This is what I got:

UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME

STOP: 0x000000ED (0x82F8DC08, 0xC0000006, 0x00000000, ox00000000)

Toshiba Laptop reboots

I get as similar error;
I tried the F8, and I was given the option to disable the automatic restart on system failure. When I did that, I was finally able to get the blue screen.
This is what I got:

UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME

STOP: 0x000000ED (0x82334E30, 0xC0000006, 0x00000000, ox00000000)
I think this means the hard drive boot sector is bad. Where could I get CD'smto rebuild this? My XP home CD's from my Dell do not work in this Toshiba.
help!
tks, Ed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back