Toshiba Laptop, Not running full potential?

Status
Not open for further replies.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey everyone,

My names mike, and i have been an avid gamer for many years now.

At the moment, I'm in the middle of building a computer, which i only need a new video card, and processor for. But thats not what this post is about.

So anyway,

I Bought the Toshiba Sattelite A135-S2386 , For Business Purposes. But, being the gamer i am, i needed to have at least 1 game installed on it

This game is Warcraft III Frozen Throne.

An older game which does not require that great of a pc to run well.

My problem is that even though this laptop should run this game perfectly well on all high setting graphics, it runs choppy at any type of graphics setting i use. I have tryed all combinations of in-game graphics settings
All Resolutions i have tried, nothing helps.

The specs on this laptop are:

MS WINDOWS VISTA SP1
GENUINE INTEL CPU T2080 @ 1.73GHZ (DUAL CORE)
1.5GB RAM
ATI RADEON XPRESS 200M SERIES

I know for a fact that overheating is not the problem, i have the laptop on its side next to a box fan closed at all times, using an external monitor.

I use CCleaner, Advanced Windows Care, and AVG Anti Virus 8.0 . All daily so i know that my computer is clean from any kind of registry problems, or adware and spyware.

If anyone could help me out with getting my wc3 to run smoothly, i would be greatly appreciative!

Thanks in advance!!

Also, i used to run world of warcraft on this computer, and that only got 8 - 10 fps on all low settings, when i know it shouldve gotten somewhere around 20.

It's the laptops video chip that is the trouble. Can you increase the RAM used by the video chip? This is done in the laptops bios

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back